Wd mycloud 4 android long file names not visible

At some time during 2014, a change was made to the visual ui to only use the left pane of the two panes vible during folder navigation.   The right pane (the larger pane) only ever shows three icons - never the file names within a folder.

As a consequence of this change, it is no longer possible to see all of a long file name when browsing through folders.

When looking at a folder with many similar long file names,  I have to inspect each file’s properties to be sure I am deleting the correct file.

I appreciate that always showing three graphical icons in the right pane may be visually pleasing to some folks.

But using the valuable screen space by forcing users to go through multiple steps to perform routine operations seems like a foolish design choice.

I currently use version 4.1.1 of wd my cloud for android.

Please make the change back to using the right pane to display the files in a folder.

If you are a user who has also been annoyed by this change,  add your name to the list of people who want our old version back.

Thanks

Welcome to the Community.

Your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; the best place for this, is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Software & Accessory Ideas