WDPhotos - question - is WDPhotos working only with " Shared Pictures" directory?

I received information about WDPhotos application for anroid  from WD support:

“I need to inform, that photos needs to be stored in the folder called Shared Pictures in your Public directory of your My Cloud”

Question: Can anyone confirm that this is true ? Because i was able to see all pictures in other directories - so it is strange that now pictures should be stored in specific folder on Wd My Cloud Drive

BR/TS

Hello and welcome to the community,

WD Photos has been designed to work only with the shared pictures folder inside the public share.

But some months ago - i was able to view all pictures in all directories and all shares on WD My Cloud drive

When it was changed ?

Other - when i now open any directory that contains pictures (jpg) i see boxes without thumbnails so - iF WDPhotos was created only to Pictures in directory named “Shared Pictures” - why other directories are displayed in this application …

BR/Ts

So i want to inform that now i’m able to see pictures in WDPhotos (after some restarts) but 

Hamlet 

It is not true that as you wrote “make sure the pictures are saved in the “shared pictures” folder on the public share.”

all my pictures are outside “\wd\Public\Shared Pictures”  directory and I’m now able to see them in WD Photos so your notice was INVALID.

So finaly you can write picture in any directory in any share and it was not changed in last firmware update version v04.01.01-413.

BR/TS