WDPhotos - can't see thumbnails and view pictures

Hi Hamlet 

1. It is clear for me that thumnails will be created  when internal crawler will finish procesing and some times it dakes several hours 

2. In my case pictures were copied to Wd My cloud  week ago , then on Saturday i received last update to version v04.01.01-413, after update i recreated thumnails using option “DLNA Database” rebuild 

3. in logs i found that all pictures were transcoded … whatever it means (file wdphotos.log) on sunday

4. yeserday i still was not able to view both fthumnails and files using WDPhoto - so i restarted WD My Cloud … 

and still no effect - after 18 hours i restarted drive again and success I SEE ALL THUMBNAILS AND I’M ABLE TO VIEW FILES (JPG) USING WDPHOTOS on Android devices 

So it looks that issue is not on WDPhotos mobille application but on WD My Cloud -side … I think that to normal use of WD My Cloud  is not need to restart drive every some hours .

other 

Hamlet 

It is not true that as you wrote “make sure the pictures are saved in the “shared pictures” folder on the public share.”

all my pictures are outside “\wd\Public\Shared Pictures”  directory and I’m now able to see them in WD Photos so your notice was INVALID.

Now I’m investigating logs - If i will found any i will post here…

I reported case to WD Support and I received the same wrong response as you presented … so it s strange how WD Support works 

for me WD My Cloud is nice solution but support … i think that i should stop writing here 

BR/TS

1 Like