WDPhoto Troubles

Having an issue with WDPhoto.  I have tried to connect via android phone and tablet, with the same results on both.  I log in, get the popup for First Time Setup, the progress bar gets to 86%, and I error out with “Unable to access device”.  This is both from the local network, as well as remote.  The WD My Cloud app works fine for me on both devices, both local and remote.

I’ve rebooted everything, router, phone, tablet, EX2.

My wife has no issue from both her apple phone and tablet, both local and remote. 

Worst of all, this is giving my wife the upper hand in our iOS vs Android battle,lol.

Wondering if there is any significance about the 86% progress, if that’s an indicator of what is failing?

I’ve ruled out router configuration issues since my wife isn’t having any problem.

Thanks for any thoughts/help.

spasm wrote:

Having an issue with WDPhoto.  I have tried to connect via android phone and tablet, with the same results on both.  I log in, get the popup for First Time Setup, the progress bar gets to 86%, and I error out with “Unable to access device”.  This is both from the local network, as well as remote.  The WD My Cloud app works fine for me on both devices, both local and remote.

I’ve rebooted everything, router, phone, tablet, EX2.

My wife has no issue from both her apple phone and tablet, both local and remote. 

Worst of all, this is giving my wife the upper hand in our iOS vs Android battle,lol.

Wondering if there is any significance about the 86% progress, if that’s an indicator of what is failing?

I’ve ruled out router configuration issues since my wife isn’t having any problem.

Thanks for any thoughts/help.

Hi spasm, we have passed this along to support.

1 Like

I guess the next question is, what does “passed this along to support” mean?  Will I be contacted at some point, or further questions posted for me here in this thread?

I continue to have the same issue.  I can now fail with the progress bar at any percentage, like 15% and 40%.  Prior to that failure message when first starting the WDPhoto app on my phone, on the page where the WDMyCloudEX2 device is listed for selection, under the device is the number of photos on the device, and the number has been changing as we continue to add files, so there would seem to be connectivity, it just won’t let me in.

I have the same problem with a mobile with Android 2.2 another with Android 2.3.3 works fine after some retries in the first time setup.

Did the support contact you and have you got a solution?