WDMyCloud.devicexxxxxx.wd2go.com:80/api/1.0 Does NOT Work

I’ve got a link to a file I’m generating from the My Cloud app and when trying to download the file using the link nothing happen, it times out…

My Cloud 4TB is in Remote Access ON and Connection Status is “Connected/Port forwarding connection establised”

One more problem with this weird product… why NOT giving me DIRECT access to my files and not VIA WD Servers??

Needed to MANUALLY add :8080 at the wd2go.com instead of :80

Something is WRONG with the WD Software…

We need UPDATE!

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-My-Cloud/SOLVED-Email-links-not-working-and-Network-Password-Needed/td-p/666093

Mephistopheles wrote:

why NOT giving me DIRECT access to my files and not VIA WD Servers??

That ***IS*** direct access.   That URL points directly to your Cloud device – NOT WD’S SERVERS.

Mephistopheles wrote:

Needed to MANUALLY add :8080 at the wd2go.com instead of :80

Something is WRONG with the WD Software… We need UPDATE!

Then there’s something wrong with your configuration.

The email link will automatically include the :xxxx to whatever port you have configured in the My Cloud UI.

Are you using AUTOMATIC configuration (via UPnP) or are you manually forwarding the ports on your router?

If the latter, you must also put the same port numbers in the My Cloud UI configuration under the MANUAL configuration section.

I just tried this on mine, and it correctly puts :9091 on my URL…

My Cloud UI configuration under the MANUAL configuration section

I do not see a section called Manual?

If you mean the Cloud Access Connection Options, it is in Manual with ports 8080 and 8443 already, and that’s why it is not in relay mode.