WD2go remote access - Java error (Just show the Java loading page, and hang there forever...)

A result, of sorts!
WD support say today that they are working on it and the only immediate solution is to replace Java with an older version than 55. End of message.
Anybody tried this? I thought the security certificate validity was independent of the Java version.

Hello - also having the problem - where i can access our cloud drive through wd2go app and browser when i’m connected to the same wireless network, but on any other network it does not work

i tried installing v7 45 java (was using 55 most current version) but still it is not working - i can however see the folders now on the drive - which is an improvement

**bleep** it redirects me to Oracle website? WD trying to say by this something like “this guys are guilty”? This is the most childish thing i ever seen.

This is beyond the most frustrating thing! Does anyone know of another product similar to my book live or the new my cloud? I need something similar where I can access remotely and quite frankly I have given up on this to be fixed. I had a help technician assigned to my case and now he won’t get back to me, so I have reached my limit with this. After using WD for over 5 years, I must find something new!

winbo wrote:

**bleep** it redirects me to Oracle website? WD trying to say by this something like “this guys are guilty”? This is the most childish thing i ever seen.

Do you have Java enabled, or the most recent version?

I get the same thing.  I get directed to the oracle.com web page after entering the password to access the device.  I’ve done all the Java site security exceptions, lowered security to the medium (lowest setting on the configure java screen).  I’ve added the exceptions.  I can log onto wd2go successfully.  I can see my device.  When i enter the password to the device, It shows the correct number of shares that I can access.  But then I get taken to oracle.com web site.  Sometimes can see the window that pops up.  It says something about application blocked.  But the window has nothing in it and disappears and off I go to the oracle.com web page.  The exact same thing happens for my two firends that I have set up to have access to a share on my WD My Book Live Duo.  they get taken to oracle.com also after their password is validated.  I’m on Windows 7 Professional.  I can access the shares from my home network without any issues.

BTW, I’ve been able to get access to the shares from my work PC.  On that PC, i was prompted to install the outdated certificate.  This is the only difference between my work PC and my personal PC.  Work PC prompted for certificate install.  Personal PC did not prompt to install.

This is the main reason I bought this device and am very disappointed that I can’t share my band’s music files with my friends that are in the band.  Guess I’m back to sending out the songs via email because this personal cloud thing does not work.

I’m running Windows 7 professional and Internet Explorer version 11.  I have the latest java installed, version 7 update 65.

This is just crazy, has anyone found the answer to this problem. All I see is just a bunch of things everyone has tried with no solution. I too have wasted hours messing around trying to solve the reason I bought this drive…to have remote access on computers.

I don’t understand!!

1 Like

I have still yet to find a concrete solution.  Out of the 6 computers we have in our firm, it works on 2 of them.  What is sad, is there is really no rhyme or reason why it works on the 2 and not the others.  One is windows 7 and one is windows 8.  I am sure it has something to do with which version of Java they are on.  I CANNOT believe they have not found a work around solution with the java yet.  Shame on WD!  As soon as I have TIME to research and purchase, we will find another solution for a backup, that we can access online as well.  If anyone knows of any, please let me know.  Thank you in advance.

So I finally got this program to work on my computer, using Chrome.  The only reason I’m posting a reply to this thread is because in trying to find a solution, I read so many people with the same problem I figured I’d at least give a fairly temporary solution.

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/java_blocked.xml

The only way I could make it work was to add 4 web address to the “exception” part of Configure Java on my pc.

http://MYDRIVE.wd2go.com/Admin/webapp/htdocs/MapDrive.jar?v=18

https://MYDRIVE.wd2go.com/Admin/webapp/htdocs/WDTester.class

https://MYDRIVE.wd2go.com/Admin/webapp/htdocs/mapDrive.php?mapkey=OTHERREMOVEDINFO

http://MYDRIVE.wd2go.com/Admin/webapp/htdocs/mapDrive.php?mapkey=OTHERREMOVEDINFO

And then had to click a whole bunch of “yes I am making my computer vulnerable” agreements with Java.  But…  It worked.

Not sure it’s worth the trouble though.  Such a pain in the butt.

skilas wrote:

So I finally got this program to work on my computer, using Chrome.  The only reason I’m posting a reply to this thread is because in trying to find a solution, I read so many people with the same problem I figured I’d at least give a fairly temporary solution.

http://www.java.com/en/download/help/java_blocked.xml

The only way I could make it work was to add 4 web address to the “exception” part of Configure Java on my pc.

http://MYDRIVE.wd2go.com/Admin/webapp/htdocs/MapDrive.jar?v=18

https://MYDRIVE.wd2go.com/Admin/webapp/htdocs/WDTester.class

https://MYDRIVE.wd2go.com/Admin/webapp/htdocs/mapDrive.php?mapkey=OTHERREMOVEDINFO

http://MYDRIVE.wd2go.com/Admin/webapp/htdocs/mapDrive.php?mapkey=OTHERREMOVEDINFO

And then had to click a whole bunch of “yes I am making my computer vulnerable” agreements with Java.  But…  It worked.

Not sure it’s worth the trouble though.  Such a pain in the butt.

good post, the only solution/workaround that works!! tried it on both firefox and chrome, all ok (NOK using IE11). Just remember where it says “MYDRIVE” in the urls above, it means the actual name you gave your device including the device ID. Easily found on the address bar when you initially login to your device via www.WD2GO.com

I tried different versions of browser, the one who works for me was the Firefox version and It wroks properly, regards

I purchased my wd livedrive when it first came out and since then have had the exact same problems everyone else is having running this with java on a mac, the java blocks the admin panel from launching,

I have tried everything I can find on forums to get this to work, but it simply will not, it is completely inadequate and should not have been placed on the market if it is not fit for purpose.

Not only have I had the above constant problem but I have also just purchased a new TV connected to my wifi, to my ostonishment when I went on the media server option there was every single file on my wd drive in my private folder accessable to all - no password had been enetered at all and all of my password protected content was available to view.

Ive got to say how dissappointed I am with the product I have purchased its never worked as it should do from day one, Ive just gone to wipe the private files off the drive and its now giving me a message I do not have valid permissions???!!!

Its my drive, my username is the admin which im logged in as, why can I not now control what is on the heap of junk??

I followed these steps, and it did progress me some. However, when I try to log in now I get ‘Security Warning’ “Do you want to run this applicaltion?” (I always say run) then another pop up that says “Applicaltion blocked by doployment rule set”

[Deleted]. They have no solutions.  1000’s have had the same problem…  To correct, Uninstall the latest java.  Then go to the java website and create a user profile…this is a pain… then go to archive downloads look for Java se runtime 6 update 19 for windows ( all more current versions will block wd2go) install this and then go to update under java controll panel and disable future updates so it does not try to update then stop working. When you log on to WD2go click to accept the risk then it will let you view your shares.

WD2go will not work can not connect from webpage.

need help with java exception site lists.

Please help I can not connect.

It’s not going to work with Java though web-browser, and looking at the past WD will not fix it. This is most likely an abandoned function just like many other projects.

You can still access your WD HDD using the standalone software. I haven’t tried Windows version, but I know the OSX version works on my mac.

You can access it via webpage but its tricky. I had this working earlier this week at work via the wd2go website.

I can not however access this today on a different computer.

We have 6 computers between our office and home… Wd2go.com works on 2 of them out of the 6.  VERY frustrating and unacceptable in my opinion.  :confounded:

4line wrote:

I have been having trouble all day trying to get Safari to open mybook live.  I get the Java error.  I have accepted the java app to run.  The page opens and I get a share count and either the rest of the page is dark or I get the lava load hang.  I have opened the same page in firefox and I was able to open the Share in finder and had full access.  this may be a problem with Safari and I have checked and rechecked settings. 

Here is the solution that I came up with and I now have access:

select Preferences

Select Security

Click on Manage Website Settings Button

Scroll To and select Java

Select mybook live

Click on the dropdown next to mybook live and select run in unsafe mode at bottom of list

Click trust

You may have to reload the page but everything is now accessible for me.

MacBook Pro - Mavericks - Safari

Using MacBook OS X Mavericks (version 10.9.5), Safari and Java 8 Update 45, when accesing to www.wd2go.com, always provides an error on ‘‘wrong email address or password’’. WD My Cloud working fine, but for open and transfering files from/to would be much easier rather downloading from MyBook and re-downloading agin to MyBook. Tried to follow you advise but after scrolling to Java, nothing happens. Any gudance, please?. Please note Firewall is not activated.

i got mine to work.

not the most convenient route based on my own preferences but it worked:

1. go to uninstall program in control panel, remove ALL java

2. go to JAVA download page and get version 45

3. open FIREFOX and visit wd2go.com and login with your information

4. “allow and remember” java prompts and access is restored

seems like as of now new java software doesnt work in chrome.

you have to access your drive in a different browser (mine only worked with firefox)

but then if youre using chrome to upload or access your drive, you can do it with no problem via windows explorer