WD2go.com and WD 2go Mobile App

Not sure. The screen resolution is too small to give an effective display for our App.

_enar_,

Your screenshot (pictured below) shows the pre 2.0 firmware version (You can check the version by looking at System ).  The firmware (Judging by the one I updated) will likely require more than one update.  So if you’ve updated once, update one more time (it should bring you to the newer version).

You should then be able to check back at Remote Access and find that MioNet is remove and replace with wd2go.com information, which will also contain the code you are looking for.

will the wd2go features be enabled for the WD live hub. At a product showcase their was going be able to be remote access to the wd live hub for files, pics, and videos. Currently only have access to WD photos which is really slow.

This is for Skyweir and eochs in particular and for all Tomato users in general:

I had the issue with the MBL behind a Tomato router only establishing a relay connection instead of using UPnP to create a direct connection as well. This suddenly has solved itself and wd2go now shows up in the UPnP list of Tomato with ports 80 and 443.

I believe the reason is that wd2go really *insists* to get these two ports and no other. So check if you have any other explicit rules for these ports (I did) or other services grabbing them via UPnP. If you do, try removing/disabling them.

Hello everyone,

After reading through the thread here, I’ve got a couple of things to add:

1. I LOVE my MyBookLive 3 TB!  I have a Passport 1 GB, but having to plug in & out everywhere I go was getting to be a pain (especially at work, where the computers are so locked down I can’t even get into the wd2go.com site!)

2. I have a Moto Xoom Wifi and a HTC Desire HD, and have the WD2Go Pro s/w on both.  Love the fact I can clip specific folders to be able to “download” to the local drive.

I have one question if someone from WDC or a knowledgeable community member can answer:

• When I initially clip a folder, and the app shows the “progress bar” on the screen, what exactly is the app doing?  Is it just arranging the one-way sync relationship between the MBL and my mobile device?  Or is it actually downloading a copy of the files to the mobile device… and if this is true, where does the app save the file to?

I understand that the “sync” is only one-way for now.  I will add my multi-hundred-dollar-loyal-paying-customer voice to others to ask WDC to make a two-way sync a priority for the next version of WD2Go Pro.

Here’s my example scenario:

As a Registered Nurse and a nursing clinical instructor, I don’t load up on paper so much as I use my Xoom during clinicals.  Each semester I create an Excel spreadsheet with student names and various cells for each date’s grades, assignments, etc.  I have this stored on my “school” folder on my MBL, so I can connect to it on my laptop or mobile device.  I’d love to be able to simply connect to my MBL with WD2Go Pro, load and edit the file for each day’s assignment/grades, save it and send it back to the MBL without having to mail it back to myself or copy it to my SugarSync folder… either way, I’m having to take additional steps to keep the current version of the file on the MBL.

I’m sure I’m not the only one.  I use SugarSync which works GREAT and instant, 2-way sync.  BUT… having shelled out some serious cash for a 3 TB MBL, I’d much rather use ONE solution for two-way sync and have ONE cloud storage (MBL), than have to spread various files between SugarSync, SharePoint, SkyDrive, GoogleDocs, etc. etc.

WDC’s addition of two-way live sync to the WD2Go Pro software would SERIOUSLY simplify the life of an overworked ful-time RN, graduate student (working on Family Nurse Practitioner), and nursing instructor!

Thanks all!

• NursingGuy

Yes I downloaded  WD 2go pro, WD 2go, and WD photos for my Ipad2 and my Iphone3GS. Only WD photos works.

The problem is that the apps don’t see the shares at all. Under Shares it just shows an empty menu

-The apps see the device just fine(i even tried changing the name of the drive EX: MyBookLive to MyNet drive) I tested this with in my network and just using 3G and it works fine it sees thedevice under it’s new name

-I created another account with admin rights and created other shares

-WD 2go.com access works fine remotely for all my created shares

-I have changed cache size

-I have tried  to enable and disable remote access through the Dashboard

-I assigned an stic IP to the drive

-No problems accesing the drive from my other laptos and desktop remotely or locally

-I have erased the devices and gotten different activation codes at least five times

-I have IOS 5 on both my Ipad2 and iphone

-I have a E1000 cisco/linksys router with latest firmware

-I have a 3TB My Book live with the latest firmware

The app didi work briefly though my ipad as I was setting everything up I think before the My Book live firmware upgrade

I just bought the MyBook 3TB Live and I love the concept and works great on my home network.  I did the firmware updates and can watch flawlessly on my home network.  I have a Linksys G Router that has worked fine for me to this point.  My apps will take forever to download music and pictures on my 3g/4g evo 3d and horribly choppy movies if it does even load.  Please give advice and help as this was one of my main reasons for buying this.   Am I doing something wrong? HELP!

@ NursingGuy & WDC Team

I couldnt  agree more.  I’ve requested the same type of functionality (as Sugarsync/Dropbox) as well.  I heard this was difficult to implement due to dealing with native aps on Android and how they open/save files.  I have no problems doing this (open PDFs, etc, annotate, and save changes back to SS/Dbox. Just wondering why this isnt something you all could implement (would love to have this functionality and not need to use my 3TB MBL and SS Dbox).  

Thanks

To WDC Team:

Any progress on this?  Loyal customer here (MBL is my 3rd WDC device BTW), just would LOVE to have the SAME functionality as I could get from SugarSync… I’d rather NOT have to pay for SugarSync additional storage, etc. if I don’t have to - especially since I spent the $ on my 3 TB MBL, and the WD2Go Pro app.

Please update us… it would be a great Hanukkah present (or Christmas present, depending on your persuasion)!

~ NursingGuy

Long term plans (and that means no Holidaypresent - sorry), is to have some integration with one or more of the “box” type services. I can’t give a specific time frame, but it is something we are looking at for next year.

Hi Nursing Guy, I am with you on this.

I hope WD moves a step further to allow editing of the files via the ipad/mobile devices. That way we can edit and upload it back to the cloud rather than emailing back to ourselves.

Currently a short term measure is to use dropbox. So when i go home, i have to manually copy the files from dropbox back to the MBL.

I beleive that the difference between wd2go.com and wd2go mobile is as follows:  wd2go allows opening a private user.

Tony,

It would appear that the difference is wd2go.com allows for private login.  I have not been able to do that with the mobile app.

Trey

Yes, I tried it and LOVE it!  Purchased the MyBook Live 2TB drive 2 weeks ago and set it up with MioNet.  Worked fine and I was very satisfied. This last weekend, I learned about WD2GO so I downloaded the new firmware and WD2GO software!  Set up was relatively easy but the first time you connect, there were a series of certificate issues that had to be acknowledged.  Once you get past that, it’s smooth sailing.  Works like a champ.

I also downloaded the free iPhone WD2GO app.  That too was easy to set up.  I was just looking at the “pro” version of the app and I"m anxious to get that…which brings me to maybe my only criticism.  Do I have to be at the home pc to set up and request a code to add a smartphone user?  Is there a way to do that remotely?  I’m frequently on the road, which is why I wanted remote access to begin with.  It will be a week before I’m back at my home base and the ability to add a mobile device from the road would be great.

Is anybody using WD2go on an Android phone( HTC Desire) and if so what music playing app are you using to access any music  on their mybooklive. 

please somebody help me. i have mybook live, and work perfect, the thing is:  how i can access to the Dashboard via ipad2?

when i be in the another wifi connection that is not my home and i type 192.168.x.xx/ui nothing happend. but when i be in my home all is perfect.

i need trip to another country and i dont like use my notebook, i like use only my ipad2, but the  wd photos and  wd2go only is valid for 24/48 hrs. and i need enter to the Dashboard to get access for more time for my ipad 2 and iphone. somebody can help me how i must configure the mybook live to get more time without need to get more permissions?

gustavo1966 wrote:

but the  wd photos and  wd2go only is valid for 24/48 hrs. and i need enter to the Dashboard to get access for more time for my ipad 2 and iphone. somebody can help me how i must configure the mybook live to get more time without need to get more permissions?

No, that’s not correct.   The Activation Code is only valid for 48 hours.   But once you activate it, it remains paired indefinitely.

I paired my iPad to my MBL Duo over a month ago, and it’s still working of course.

dear tony

many thanks for yr answer.

the code is valid for 48 hrs, you are right,the manual info it.

are you sure that it remains paired indefinitely ?

my intention is the following:

put in my ipad 2 a memory card with pictures thru the corresponding adapter and storage all these pics in the wd my book live as back up. or take some pics/videos with my iphone4 and connect it via wd photos or wd2go and save these pics as back up in wd my book live.

my intention is use the ipad2 instead of the notebook in another country.

many thanks for your answer.!!!

rgds

gustavo.

Are there any plans to build an app for the BB Playbook or at least port the Android app so that it is compliant with BB requirements?

gustavo1966 wrote:

dear tony

many thanks for yr answer.

the code is valid for 48 hrs, you are right,the manual info it.

are you sure that it remains paired indefinitely ?

my intention is the following:

put in my ipad 2 a memory card with pictures thru the corresponding adapter and storage all these pics in the wd my book live as back up. or take some pics/videos with my iphone4 and connect it via wd photos or wd2go and save these pics as back up in wd my book live.

my intention is use the ipad2 instead of the notebook in another country.

many thanks for your answer.!!!

rgds

gustavo.

Gustavo, the WD 2Go iPad app doesn’t allow for copying files to the MBL.   It can only read existing files FROM the MBL.