WD photos unreliable on WDTVLIVEhub - No photos found after a while

So i like the concept of WD Photos and it would be great if it actually worked. Every time I have to rebuild my media library or turn mobile sharing on and off on my WDTVlivehub to be able to access my photos from my ipad WD Photos app. Sometimes I have to delete and re-add my wdtvlive hub device on the ipad app to actually see the photos.

Even if I do so, I see my photos for a while and then after that it says no photos found again out of no particular reason. A device restart will also create the no photos found error.

Any fix to this? I am up to date with my latest firmware.

Hello,

What version of WD Photo are you using?

Does this happen on any mobile device or just the Ipad?

As a troubleshooting step, try unistalling the app and installing that again.

deuscovrigus wrote:

So i like the concept of WD Photos and it would be great if it actually worked. Every time I have to rebuild my media library or turn mobile sharing on and off on my WDTVlivehub to be able to access my photos from my ipad WD Photos app. Sometimes I have to delete and re-add my wdtvlive hub device on the ipad app to actually see the photos.

Even if I do so, I see my photos for a while and then after that it says no photos found again out of no particular reason. A device restart will also create the no photos found error.

Any fix to this? I am up to date with my latest firmware.

The Hub was launched without native WD Photos support and was added later with random bugs in between. If you check the reviews for the app on the App Store you’ll tell they relate to iOS 6.1.3 so I guess we need to wait until WD makes another update for the app. Hopefully it’ll work better with iOS 7.

My iphone app exhibits the same behavior:/

So now that IOS 7 popped, I still have the same issue. Photos visible after I put Mobile Access off and then on, until the device restarts or a significant period of time elapsed. Did anyone get this to work?