WD app keeps downloading the same movies to phone using LOTS of mobile data

I was awoken this morning by my cellphone provider messaging me that I was down to 25% left on my data plan, then an hour later , that I was down to 10% then an hour later, that I had used up all my monthly data (1 week into my billing cycle).

It turns out that the WD Mycloud app on my Android phone was downloading the same 3 movies over and over while I was not connected to my home wifi (thus, using my 4G data on Verizon’s network)! This has never happened before and I’ve had the Mycloud app on the phone for 3 months now.

Why does it keep trying to download the movies to my phone after they’ve already been downloaded successfully (about 2 weeks ago to be precise).

Does it have something to do with my moving them from the WD Cloud folder on my phone’s internal storage to a ‘movie’ folder? Because the downloads keep happening and end up in the WDCloud\Public folder on my phone.

I eventually deleted the files from my Cloud drive and it seems to have stopped the attempts.

How do you stop these downloads once they’ve started?

And is there a website that outlines the best way to set up your Cloud App so that it doesn’t transfer files unless you’re only using Wifi?

Hello,

Make sure the “auto Sync” option is off or WiFi only . You can find this under settings.

The auto sync was checked for wifi sync only and it still connected to the Cloud drive. That’s the reason for my question, because I know it shouldn’t have syn’d if I wasn’t on Wifi.

If turned it to no sync at all, but my question was posted to see if anyone else had had this glitch in the Android mobile app.

Also. I have most all my apps set to NOT use the data plan if there is no wifi, just in case I accidentally get on the data plan stream instead of wifi.  I will now add I do this also “in case something weird happens as well”!