WD Photo v2.5.0 new version for Android issue viewing video

My android just updated to the latest WD Photo app.  It runs faster but now I don’t see any of my videos, only photos.  Is there a setting I need to change?  Seems to be the same issue with the new My Cloud android app as well.  Anyone else seeing this issue?

Thanks

Looking at WD Photos and tapping on the upload icon I see Camera (8) and by taping on this I see my videos that I have taken with my Android phone.

My videos in the My Cloud Mobile app are where they have always been, under videos. I use WD SmartWare to backup my computers. All my videos show up under SmartWare and the other few that I share under Public>Shared Videos (4) are there.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Hi cat0w!

Thank you for taking the time to check.  I am able to see the exact screen your showing (obviuosly different folder names) by clicking on the upload icon arrow.  However these appear to be just the files from the android device itself; so at least on mine it’s playing the video I just took on the phone and replaying it at the phone level and not seen or streaming from my EX2. 

I uploaded a short video onto my EX2 via my PC and cannot see that video with either my or my wife’s android phone.  When I click on the folder, I only see photos.  I thought we used to be able to see videos as well with the older version of the app.

At least the other android app (WD MyCloud) is now showing both video and photos after a reboot.  But it doesn’t show any other files (i.e. PDF, doc, excel, ppt).

Thanks again!

When I open up the WD Photos app I see the following. See image below.

A tap on WDMYCLOUD allows me to view all my photos I have saved on my My Cloud. A tap on the upload icon, which use to be a camera icon (see image below), shows what I have on my phone available for upload.

I would have to check the User Manual but I am sure the only way to view a video taken with your phone camera is after it has been uploaded to your My Cloud.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Thanks for adding addtional screen shots.  Wish I knew how to do that.

I have the same screen shot as your second image.  Like yours, it’s noted as ### PHOTOS.  When I click on the folder to drill down, I only see photos…no videos.  Do you see videos or only photos using this method?

I wonder if there’s any difference between mycloud and the EX2 that I have with regards to implementation.  Wouldn’t think that would be the case.

Thanks again for taking the time to help resolve this!   Much appreciated.

I’m not 100% certain – but I don’t think you can watch videos via the PHOTOS app, though you can UPLOAD them.

I think you need the My Cloud app to do that.

Hi Tony, Thanks for the feedback.  For some reason I thought the old version of this app could display video.  It’s a shame as it appears to be redundant software between the WD Photo and MyCloud.

Thanks

I only see photos and as explained in the User Manual only jpg format. See Accessing Your Cloud Remotely>About WD Photos Mobile App> P.63 in the User Manual.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)