WD Photo responds General error (500)

I am impressed by the ease of use of my new myBook Live and the ease of functionality = how easy it bypassed all my firewalls and gave me access to it through the internet (shiver…).

I have a problem which drives me crazy though!!!

For reasons that would be too much to describe here, I had to replace the hard disk inside, reformat and recreate the operating system and add the latest firmware. Everything worked fine.

I can use the MyBook Live without any problems from my PC, using ftp and using WD2Go from my iPad.

HOWEVER, when I try to connect with WD Photos from my iPad, I get the General Error (500) message :frowning:
What drives me mad is that I can use WD Photos to upload photos from my iPad to myBook Live with success.
I can find the photos been correctly uploaded by using WD2GO and I see them under public/shared pictures/manos ipad
Despite that, when I try to access them I get General Error (500)

What on earth am I doing wrong???

It will be good for you to contact WD for this

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?wdc_lang=en

2 Likes

Thank you for the great suggestion!

Today the new firmaware for my myBook Live appeared. I installed it and suddently everything works fine!!!

Kudos to WD for fixing this so quickly! :smiley:

I have the same issue, the latest FW, and still get the “General error (500)” message when tyring to use WD photos on an ipad or Iphone. The MBL Duo shows that the devices are connected, and I can access through WD2go just fine. Have rebooted both devices and MBL Duo as well.