WD MyCloud: Password error, but never asks for password or passcode?

Have MyBook up and running. I downloaded the MyCloud App and went through the instructions on the MyBook Live page to set up a mobile device…including successfully generating a passcode. When I open the MyCloud App, I click ‘Connect Now’ and my device properly displays. However…when I click the device to connect, I immediately get an error that says “Unable to connect to device. Please verify your password and try again.” But at no point was I ever asked in the app to log on or to enter the password I generated. I see no way of logging on, entering password, or passcode in the app. What am I missing?

Did you create a password for your username that you are using?

I’m having a similar issue on my local network with my iPad.  I created two users, myself which is admin with a password and another user named Iggy with no password.

,Now when I start the app and select the drive, I get a choice of my full name and user Iggy.  When I select my full name, it prompts me for a password then gives me the error message.  When I select user Iggy, it does not prompt me for a password and givevs me he same error message about a bad password.

I have no issue using two different windows 8 computers both using a local wireless connectiion.  The iPad app seems to have an issue but I have not gotten any help on how to fix it up.

You should be able to do the same experiment by creating another user and turn enable the password when you create it.

If you did not set a password for your only account, you have somewhat left the door open to your data and you should consider adding one.

Looks like that was the problem…I didn’t realize the Admin PW was never set. Once I set a new password I was prompted for a PW when opening the App.