WD My Cloud Software: How to create Playlists?

Hi Everyone,

I have installed the WD My Cloud software on my machine. AND it allows me to create playlists. However, it does not allow me to add music to the playlists! Am I missing something? What good is it to create a playlist if you can’t add anything to them!!! Needless to say, I can’t express my dissapointment. It looks like it is a malicious joke by WD. It is like having a car but the manufacturer forgot to add the fuel tank!

Please enlighten me.

T

If you are talking about adding more songs to a playlist after you have created it then drag and drop to the current list. See images below. Be sure to save your changes.

Posted by,
cat0w (USA)

Thank you for the explanation. It did work. I managed to create playlists and add music to the lists.

However, not all is rosy. Playback of the music on the playlist on DLNA devices does not work! It works on my computer, the place where I created the playlist but  my DLNA media streamer fails to play the music. It shows the playlist and the songs, but when a song is selected, it just fails and returns an error. The song plays fine when selected directly through the folder navigation, so there is nothing wrong with the file. I am using a Netgear MP101 streaming device.

The creation of playlists is probably one of the most common actions for anyone using a MyCloud device. Why didn’t WD test this? And, after 3+ years in the market, why is this feature not working.

T

yes I have just bought my cloud yesterday and the software updated to include playlists which work on the PC but not on my Yamaha media amp which sees the playlist in the folder but all the tracks are greyed out and won’t play. Does anyone know why?

I have the same problem using a Netgear MP101 (Internet Music Player). The WD MyCloud software aparently can only create playlists that will play on the computer where it was created on and not on the MyCloud server via network media players. I have contacted the WD support and the result has been lots of nice chat but no results. WD seems to employ really friendly individuals that have no power (or knowledge) to resolve an issue but to just keep you engaged. They are great to make you feel “loved” but just can’t solve a problem. Kind of made me even angrier.

Yo! WD Support! What about fixing the My Cloud Playlist Creator so that it works properly!!!

123Cloud wrote:

I have the same problem using a Netgear MP101 (Internet Music Player). The WD MyCloud software aparently can only create playlists that will play on the computer where it was created on and not on the MyCloud server via network media players. I have contacted the WD support and the result has been lots of nice chat but no results. WD seems to employ really friendly individuals that have no power (or knowledge) to resolve an issue but to just keep you engaged. They are great to make you feel “loved” but just can’t solve a problem. Kind of made me even angrier.

Yo! WD Support! What about fixing the My Cloud Playlist Creator so that it works properly!!!

I looked into this and it appears that you haven’t really engaged our support team yet. A phone call is necessary for them to get all the information they need to figure out what’s going on.  There could be a few reasons you’re having this issue that have nothing to do with the firmware.  Support will contact you.

I can’t play the m3u playlists within wd mycloud (Android app).

When i click on a m3u file, the ‘open with’ dialog opens.

But i thought the mycloud app should be able to open m3u files itself ??

1 Like

You may need to edit the PATH of playlists you create for the device.  I do for certain devices.  For example, I use  playlists for the drive on my WDTV.  Since the path iTunes creates for the playlist refers to the path to the music files on my PC.  (C:.) and fortunately the WDTV ignores this path and still plays the playlists on its attach drive.  Not true for the SAME playlists I put onto my Seagate wireless drive. They won’t play unless the path is structured to reflect the actual folder on this drive where the folders exist.  The way I do this is by using MS Word to find and replace the wrong path comment with the correct path comment and then it all works fine!