Video not fullscreen when playing from WD 2go Pro

Hi all,

When I want to play a video (DLNA enabled on my WD Nas) via my iPad to my TV, the video doesn’t play fullscreen. It plays at the native iPad resolution. Is there any way to get it full-screen, or a way to play video (movies or TV-Shows) via the default video-app on the iPad.

the video doesn’t play fullscreen. It plays at the native iPad resolution

Full Screen and Native Resolution, to me, mean the same thing.

Not sure what you mean.

Tony,

What I mean is that video wil be played within the 1024x768 resolution of the iPad, even when the iPad is connected to a HD TV (with a resolution of 1920 x 1080). So you get video played in the middle of the TV within the 1024x768 area. 

When you play video via the native video-app on the iPad, connected to a HD TV, the video fills the entire TV Screen, and all controls for pause-stop-rewind etc. remain on the screen of the iPad.

Playing video with the WD 2go Pro app, video does not fill the TV screen (it plays within the 1024x768 area), and controls for pause-stop-rewind etc. appear on the TV screen.

So, that is what I mean with full screen (on a connected HD TV = 1920x1080) and native resolution (1024x768).

Ahhh.  Ok – I wasn’t clear that you were using an external display.

I have no experience with that, so sorry, can’t offer any advice. :frowning:

I have the latest WD2Go app on my iPhone 5 and it does not fill the entire screen when I play a movie. If I watch a movie I download via iTunes on the native video app I can stretch it to full screen. On the WD2Go app it only stretches to the old iPhone 4 screen size.

Thanks so much for the latest update on iOS… full screen works well on the iPhone 5