Upload pics using WD2go?

Hi, new MyBook Live user here.  I have a few questions:

I’d like to be able to upload pics and files to my MyBook Live from my phone.  Is there any way to do this, either with WD2go or WDPhoto?

Also, I just added two folders to \Public\Shared Photos on the drive, but they will not show up in WDPhoto at all.  Is there a limitation or something here?

Is WD2go Pro available for Android yet?

Thanks for any help …

I believe each individual “share” folder must also have media sharing turned on, in addition to turning the service on globally.

That is interesting, because I uploaded the first five folders without turning media sharing on for each one, and WDphoto saw them without any problem and granted access, also without fuss.  The next two additions, however, came two days later and now WDphoto refuses to even acknowledge their presence, although WD2go can see them.  What gives?

They don’t behave the same, WD Photos will only see JPEG and JPG picture files, while WD2go will see almost anything on the MBL.

rbreyes wrote:

Hi, new MyBook Live user here.  I have a few questions:

I’d like to be able to upload pics and files to my MyBook Live from my phone.  Is there any way to do this, either with WD2go or WDPhoto?

Also, I just added two folders to \Public\Shared Photos on the drive, but they will not show up in WDPhoto at all.  Is there a limitation or something here?

Is WD2go Pro available for Android yet?

Thanks for any help …

no, you can’t.  they’re only for viewing on the phone.  if you buy the pro version of wd2go, you can clip an image and download it to your phone, but you can’t upload anything from the phone.  that capability of uploading and downloading is only available when you use wd2go on your computer.  and it’s from the computer to the mbl, only.

Actually yes you can!

With WD Photos, there is an option to upload pics form your camera roll directly to the the My Book Live. It looks like the little camera icon next to the My Book Live Icon.

but is that true for wd2go?  cause, and I should have made myself clear, that’s what I was referring to.  sorry if I inadvertently lumped them together.  fact is, I don’t use wd photos.

WD 2go doesn’t support that capability. However; we are considering these type of features in updates next year.

Next year? At least you’re giving some hope :stuck_out_tongue:

Lots of stuff in the works for next year!

1 Like

thanks, Tony.  I, for one, will be looking forward to it. 

1 Like

The point is, I added two folders of .JPG files but WDPhoto refuses to acknowledge that the folders, much less the contents, even exist whereas it saw the first five folders which were there when WDPhoto was first run on my phone. I’d still like to know how to get WDPhoto to acknowledge the existence thereof of those two new folders and their .JPG files which were added from my computer.  If  WDPhoto won’t let me see additions to the shared pictures folder, that sorta defeats the purpose of WDPhoto, doncha think?

Adding an upload function to WD2go would surely be nice as it would make the “cloud” aspect of the system a bit more believable.