The WD My cloud desktop app failed to install. Please contact WD customer support

My present Wd my cloud version installed is 1.0.5.40 whenever I am trying to start the application I am getting prompt to install the version 1.0.5.41. I tried to download the latest version and run but every time I am getting error “The WD My cloud desktop app failed to install. Please contact WD customer support.”

I am facing the issues for past 2 weeks it would be great if someone can help with any solution.

Tried to run with administrator privilege as I tgought may be the issue is permission related but all in vane. Just after the user acceptance of License agreement I am getting the error.

System config follows as below

Os Name: Windows 8.1 Single language

Version: 6.3.9600 Build 9600

System Model: HP Envy TS 15 Notebook PC

System Type:  x64

Processor: Intel® core™ i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHZ,2401Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 logical processors

Hi, have you tried to uninstall the old version and then do a clean install of the latest version? If the problem continues I recommend you to contact support directly, they can help you narrow down the cause of the problem. 

http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp?lang=en

Hello,

If you can send me the below log file, let me try to investigate how to solve your installation problem.
File Location: C:\Users<username>\appdata\local\Western Digital\WD My Cloud\log.xml

My Email Address: kevin.jung@wdc.com

Thanks.

Hi I have the same problem. I tried to unistall but it gave me the error “The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing the package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2318”

Also tried to locate the log file but cannot locate it on my computer. I found the Western Digital folder but it did not contain any log file.

Please uninstall using the uility at  http://support2.microsoft.com/fixit/. After unistalling it I assume you will be able to properly install the wd software. In my case it worked like a charm.

Thanks a lot for the help. Unistalling the app and reinstalling the same did solved the issue.

please help me i could not log in that desktop app it says my password is wrong. how can i change the password?

I have the same problem.  However, when I try to “uninstall” there is nothing to uninstall.

This happens on a Window 8.1 OS.

My other machines (3)  run Windows 7 and the “app” works fine on them.

Here is message I get.  It’s really helpful :wink:

WD My Cloud desktop app failed to install