Searching for Files using WDMyCloud on Remote PC's

Hello,

I have an EX2 and use the WDMyCloud application to remotely access files from several Windows PC’s. I need to be able to search for specific documents at least by filename and ideally inside their contents. For example, I want to be able to search for a keyword and have the software produce files with the keyword in the file name or inside.

Can this be done? I cannot find any search funding in the software. I see others in this forum have voiced a similar need but did not come accross a specific solution.

If this cannot be done with WDMyCloud, please let me know if you know of an alternative solution to search the drive by keyword, filename, and/or contents or if any other hardware vendors provide that functionality in their NAS.

Thank you.

Welcome to the Community.

While I am unable to suggest an alternative, Western Digital is always open to Customer feedback and improvements. Your post sounds more like a good Feature Request; the best place for this, is in the Ideas Exchange section. This way someone from WD will be sure to see it and will allow more users to support your idea.

However, I would first search and make sure that there are no other active Feature Requests suggesting the same or similar improvements. If there is, then you could add your post and vote on it.

Software & Accessory Ideas