Remote access on local network only

MyBookLive 2TB  Firmware version: 02.43.03-022

I would like to use the WD My Cloud mobile app to access my files but only when I am on the same local network as the MBL itself. In other words, I do not want to access it over the Internet. I am pretty sure I used to be able to do this in prior versions of the iOS app. I simply turned off Remote Access on the Settings page but the iOS app was able to connect when I was at home. But after a recent update, it pops up a box saying remote access is disabled.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a way to restrict remote access to just the local network?

Thanks

Hi, try uninstalling and reinstall the app, from the “Devices found on your local network” see if the My Book Live is recognized. 

That worked perfectly! Wonder why though. Is this a “trick” so it will stop working the next time the iOS app is updated?

Hi again, as you can see when you setup local access no code is needed to give you permission to access the My Book Live. Every time you install a new version of the app, just go to add device and then “Devices found on your local network”.