Playing from Playlists

No, the My Cloud app still does not have the feature to play from Playlists – but it can be done with many WD products that use My Cloud app.  I wrote up a post the other day on how to use Playlists and play them from phones and tablets with the My Passport Wireless.  One trick is to use another app that CAN work with playlists instead of My Cloud app.  To see all the other ideas for playing playlists, see this link to my post: 

http://community.wd.com/t5/My-Passport-Wireless/MPW-YES-Playlists-can-play-from-it/m-p/862279

You will want to modify the instructions I give for your own particular product you want to play playlists from.  This info probably goes beyond WD products; it likely could work with any hard drive.

Hi there, thanks a lot for sharing this with the community lets hope other users can benefit from this information and can add to this as well.

When can we expect playlist support on the iOS app? This is a shortcoming for sure.

Find another app – I have been askinf for this over a year and no joy.  I use Avia on my Kindle (Android) and Belkin MediaPlay on iOS, and they play them fine.

Tried MediaPlay but it doesn’t work remotely.

Most apps do not work remotely.  I only have two that do.  One is for my Asus router called AiCloud, and the other is Pogoplug.  I have another called FileBrowser, but I have not gotten the remote feature to work yet. None of these play a playlist.  Pogoplug can if one creates playlists through the app, but no time for that.  I want to play my ready-made lists.