Not able to browse photos

I want to browse photos using the desktop app (1.0.4.34), but I can’t. When I open a photo with the Windows Live Photo Gallery, I can’t click on or , I have to select each photo separately. What am I doing wrong and how can this be solved?

You’re not doing anything wrong. The Next and Previous buttons only work one files in the same folder on a disk. The desktop app isn’t a folder.

Then how can I browse through my photos on the MyCloud? Specially when I’m not at home and I want to show my photos?

Can you use www.wd2go.com?

No I can’t use www.wd2go.com. I have a uid/pwd, but the known JAVA issue blocks me from using it.

Have you tried the work around posted in the Knowledge Base? Use link below to open it.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11387/
session/L3RpbWUvMTM5Mzk0NTMxNi9zaWQvTGo0V0hvT2w%3D

I didn’t try the workaround, lowering the security would endanger other work I do on my PC. I expect a solution from WD.

wdmc01 wrote:

I expect a solution from WD.

Was provided two days ago.

Yes, that works now. I missed the announcement that this issue was solved. Where can I find this?

It’s a new firmware released Wednesday.

i dont get how this was solved - how do you fix the issue (im havein the same problem)?

thanks!

dannno wrote:

i dont get how this was solved - how do you fix the issue (im havein the same problem)?

thanks!

Several problems discussed here.   WHICH problem do you have?

sorry for not clarifying - the first post:

“I want to browse photos using the desktop app (1.0.4.34), but I can’t. When I open a photo with the Windows Live Photo Gallery, I can’t click on or , I have to select each photo separately. What am I doing wrong and how can this be solved?”

apparently this was solved, but i have the same issue.

thanks!

Reread the thread. The solution was provided by using wd2go.com.

ahh…i see.  when I try to login i get the error message:

Unable to make a secure connection to the server. This may be a problem with the server, or it may be requiring a client authentication certificate that you don’t have.

Error code: ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR

any ideas??

thanks.