No thumbnails / no media view feature

Hallo,

I have My Cloud app ver. 4.0.1 on na iPhone iOS ver. 7.1.2 and when I connect to my My Book Live I see no photothumbnails. (When I open WD My Cloud MAC app - everything is OK … there I can see thumbnails)

Also the WD My Cloud 4.0.1 should have “media view” feature. How can I activate it ???

Hi there and welcome to the WD community.

The thumbnails do not come up on the application to see for this i would recommend the WD photo app.

Regarding the media view option what unit are you using with the MyCloud application. When you access a share on the application you should be able to see the options on the lower part of the window for photos, music, etc…

Hope this helps you out   

I can confirm that on android version “WD My Cloud” mobile application I can see thumbnalis that are missing in your application.

I had similar issue - after some restarts of “WD My Cloud” dirve i received previews again - so in my case it was releated to invalid working of drive 

My sugesstion is to report this issue to WD Support 

BR/TS

Thank you,

strange is, that when I open demo disc in WD My Cloud app, I can see there all thumbnails, but when I open my personal My Book Live, there are no thumbnails at all. As I said, with WD Photos app there is no problem. So resume is, that if I can see thumbs in demo disc, there have to be way to see them also in my personal MyBook Live.

Regarding the media view option, I use iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.2 and there is no options on the lower part of the window for photos, music, etc. when I access a share …

Cris333 wrote:

Regarding the media view option, I use iPhone 4 with iOS 7.1.2 and there is no options on the lower part of the window for photos, music, etc. when I access a share …

That feature only works on the latest Cloud NASes, not the My Book Live.