New folders not appearing on iPad, iPhone

Hello again Mybookliveduo community

I clearly have an enduring problem with Mybookliveduo: new folders of photos take either several days to appear on any iPad in our house or on any of the iPhones (all have the WD Photo app installed); or, worse, do not appear at all. A “server rebuild” is often required. This can take up to a week to complete and surely can’t be the only way to make handhelds get a refreshed list of content? Lately the problem has compounded (one year since purchase) as the “rebuild” proceedure still has not resolved the problem. The refresh option in the “Media” tab does not resolve the issue that our handheld devices cannot show the latest added folders and their content. This is curious as the folders (and all the photo content) are all in the right and same place. The list of folders tally about 80 and can all be opened via the hard-wired computer (MS Vista). Indeed, even meandering Apple TV can see these folders (via our router) to display on a TV in a separate room. So no problems there either.

Why should it be that the WD Photo App finds it so hard to show that there is new folder/data? The WD Photo App is clearly searching for new folders/data for a few seconds (when pulled down).  What to do now? Any ideas would be most welcome.

Tor

Do you have this issue with the WD My Cloud app as well? 

1 Like

Good question. The answer is that I never installed WD My Cloud. Your question thus led me to install the WD MyCloud App to test it out … and yes, sure, all the folders and the photos, old and new, are under “Shared Pictures” and are all accessible via this app. Fab!   So this must simply just highlight a profound weakness in the WD Photo app?  If yes, I’ll leave it to WD to worry about the fix.

Much obliged!

Kind regards

Tor.