My cloud app issues iOS 8 / 8.01 / 8.02 / 8.1 and 8.1.1

Ever since updating my iPhone 5s to the dreaded and disastrous iOS8 I have found it doesn’t work as well with the my cloud app. Using it remotely under 4g it works fine but within my home wifi I find the app stalling when navigating the folders of my NAS drive. It can take a few secs for a folders contents to load in. Under iOS7 it was instant. Under iOS8 inside the home network it is not, BUT it is instant when using the iPhone remotely. Go figure! Weird behaviour. It only does this on the 5s and not the iPad. I’d be inclined to blame iOS8 because it is a shocking release by apple BUT all other apps do not have this issue at all. For example I browse internal NAS drives from within my own Wifi using the stratospherix file browser app. I believe this uses samba protocol and browsing the contents of a NAS (including the my book live) is instant. So this issue is totally specific to the app. I believe WD photos is not as quick loading thumbnails of photos too now under iOS8. So it’s actually specific to the WD apps and these apps only. I realise iOS8 implementation has probably caused the issue but I think WD should hopefully update the apps to fully comply with the new iOS.

Additionally, a workaround/caveat of this problem is if I swipe control centre up and down it briefly speeds the folder navigation up. On iOS 8.1 this worked alot of the time but has been less successful since iOS 8.1.1 reared its head. It only briefly helped though. The app would soon return to having the cloud at the top filling blue round and round as I waited for the folders contents to load for a few seconds.

Edit - actually the workaround does still work but only if I swipe up control centre and tap the AirPlay icon to display my two devices (Apple TV and airport express) then tap done and swipe control centre down. Then I get the instant display of folders in the app. Although if I leave the phone and come back later the same slow load occurs until I do the same trick again. This is very, very weird behaviour and I would like to see WD work with apple to fix this. I don’t know who is to blame but as everyone knows apple are shocking at listening to mere customers. Maybe someone like WD with a bit of clout can force the issue if they see what a mockery Apple is making of their app in iOS 8 on the iPhone. I suspect presence of AirPlay on a home network is causing this glitch. It also explains why outside my home network on 4g or public wifi where there is no AirPlay around the app functions fine

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

Support by Country
http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp

Not suggesting you don’t have problems here, but just so you know, I have Apple 5c iphone and Gen3 ipad, using iOS 8.1.1, have a well -functioning home network (currently 29 clients on it) and I never had the issues you describe.  One thing different – I don’t have Apple computers, router, nor Airplay. I have only Windows computers and my router is an Asus RT-N66U.

The My Cloud app (and FileBrowser app) have worked fine with all versions of iOS 8. Agree, iOS was a sloppy job, (first iteration bunged up the Seagate Media app, and Seagate fixed it ASAP) but no issues with 8  now.

I think your problem is not with My Cloud app, other than My Cloud is affected by the root cause of the problem.

Thank you. I think it’s the presence of AirPlay causing it. It only happens on the 5s but not the iPad but I think the implementation of ios8 between ipad and iPhones has differences. I think it’s apples issue but they are pretty aloof.