My Cloud Using ALL my IOS Storage, (7.5GB) Why?

I’m a new user, searched the forums and could not find an answer.  I’ve uploaded photos and videos from an iPhone 4 on IOS 7+ and that works perfectly.  I can access them via my My Cloud 4TB set-up.  I just received a message in my iPhone that all my storage (16gb) is used.

When looking at Usage, it shows 7.5 GB for My Cloud and now I have no storage left?  Why is My Cloud using 7.5 GB of storage on my iPhone?  I’m sure the answer is simple, but I’m afraid to delete the APP…Thanks in advance for helping me free up storage without losing data. 

Welcome to the Community.

I believe this is happening because the download/store cache reserved for the application has been set quite high. Go the app’s settings and decrease the cache size.

IMHO, it’s a serious bug.   The WD My Cloud app will consume all memory even after files are deleted from local storage.

The only way to recover the memory is to CLEAR CACHE from the app, but that deletes even files you might want to keep.

This is the only app I have that misbehaves in this fashion.

Trancer wrote:

Welcome to the Community.

I believe this is happening because the download/store cache reserved for the application has been set quite high. Go the app’s settings and decrease the cache size.

The cache reserved in the WD app needed to be reduced, correct, but it did not free the memory…so as the poster below stated, I had to clear the cache for that App.  Had to do it twice and then power on/off to get it to clear.  No loss of anything important, but an obvious bug…

TonyPh12345 wrote:

IMHO, it’s a serious bug.   The WD My Cloud app will consume all memory even after files are deleted from local storage.

The only way to recover the memory is to CLEAR CACHE from the app, but that deletes even files you might want to keep.

This is the only app I have that misbehaves in this fashion.

Yes, it is a serious bug.  I did have to reduce cache size down from max of 16gb (ony way I could upload 3.9 gb of data to My Cloud) to 2gb, THEN I had to do as you stated and cleared the cache in order to free up the memory.  In fact I had to do it twice, plus power off/on for it to reset properly.

All is fine now.

I have not experienced this, although I do not copy media from MPW to my iDevices, and I have my cache set only high enough so streaming is not affected, and I clear the cache often.  But, if Tony says it is a bug, then it must be one, so I hope he submitted a bug report.