I use My Cloud from USA and Thailand How to make access code longer than 48 hours?

I use My Cloud from my PC’s in the USA and from Thailand.  It take longer than 48 hours to go from USA to Thailand so I need to have the access code available for 72-96 hours so that I have time to get to Thailand  so that I can use the access code when I get to Thailand on my PC there.

How do I do this?

Access codes are only used for 1st-time setup / pairing.  Once your device is paired, the access code is no longer used; the pairing remains permanent (or until you remove it).

The only other option is to set up using the MyCloud.com login instead of using an access code.

I don’t understand how you do this.  I am the administrator of the cloud from my PC in the USA so I can connect without using an access code.  Are saying that I can setup my PC in thailand with me as the administrator and therefore don’t have use the access code.  It will take me more that 48 hours so the access code will be invalid by the time that I arrive in Thailand.  Can you give me some more infor on exactly how I do this?

Regards,

I’m saying that if you register the admin user in the WD My Cloud with wdmycloud.com, and then log in on the other PC using the wdmycloud.com login credentials, you don’t need an access code.

This is all described in the manual.

Thanks for your help.  I’ll read the book againand see if I can figure it out.

Regards,

James C Pittman