Help with updating offline files

I’m using version 4.0.0 of the WD My Cloud app on my iPad. Before this update, I was able to automatically sync my offline files. What I do is simply launch the app when I’m at home with the NAS. In a couple of minutes, the app will update all the offline files. The list of files updated can be seen from the Activity tab.

After the update to 4.0.0, nothing updates in my offline files anymore. I’ve tried changing the setting Fetch Newest File Data from Always to Ask and backwards but nothing updates. And there is nothing about updating offline files and folders in the help.

I really cannot understand WD. Are updates supposed to improve or regress the app??

Does anyone know how the offline folders and files can be updated??

Does anyone have an answer to my question please? I’m leaving soon for a meeting where I need my offline folders and files updated on my iPad. Please help me.

The offline folders are not updating the newly added files.

WD support. Can you please help with my query? It could be a simple “No, the latest update to WD My Cloud has removed the ability to sync folders.” Then I can make plans to switch to another cloud storage provider. Please.

Hello,

The WD Community was created for Users -such as yourself- to help one another and to share your experiences and ideas with one another.  As Moderators, we are simply here to facilitate and oversee the Community. if you are looking for technical support from WD, you will need to contact them directly.

To Contact WD for Technical Support:

http://support.wdc.com/contact/index.asp?lang=en

I am finding this rather strange. Doesn’t anyone download folders into their iOS WD My Cloud app for offline access? Does everyone only download indvidual files?

I have 80+ folders downloaded from MyBookLive into my iPad for offline access, and these folders are kept in sync with those in the MBL automatically in previous versions of the iPad app. It no longer does after the recent updates to the app. I’ve not been able to get a straight answer from WD if this feature has been removed, or if there is a bug in my system, or what.

Am I the only one that downloads folders and been having these folders synchronised automatically whenever there are new files added to the MBL or deleted from the MBL? I find it really strange that no one else has reported this problem.

My 80 and 443 are properly forwarded and I see no other errors.

My temporary solution is to use Bit Torrent Sync for my needs. It does the job of keeping the folders synchronised but I would prefer to use WD My Cloud. After all, that’s why I bought the NAS in the first place.

Can someone tell me what’s going on with the app?

Thanks!

I also have the same problem. When I decided to get the WD my cloud, I was expecting it to work as a google drive. Instead the only way that works apparentely si when I am connected to my own network since the files can be open in finder.