Delete files from My Passport Wireless through IOS

Hello.  We recently purchased a My Passport Wireless.  The reason for the purchase was to be able to transfer video files from a GoPro Camera to an external drive without the use of a computer while on a trip.  It seems like it will be a good solution.  However, once a file gets loaded onto the My Passport Wireless from the SD card, we aren’t able to delete it using the MyCloud app.  When we select the file, the only option we get is to download.

Anybody know if this is something we’re doing wrong, or is it just the way the app works (or doesn’t work)?

Thanks.

Hello, Welcome to the WD Community. For you to delete any files you needs to swipe the file to the right, from there you will have the option to delete it.

I am trying to delete files, and swiping right does not help me on the app from my tablet.  Any other instructions or do I need to call for help? :frowning:

1 Like

Susann-B wrote:

I am trying to delete files, and swiping right does not help me on the app from my tablet.  Any other instructions or do I need to call for help? :frowning:

The thread above is with respect to iOS devices only.   If your tablet is an iPad, then the instructions above are correct.

If not, I assume you have an Android tablet – in which case you simply “select” the files, hit the action button, and select “Delete.”

Yes, it’s an Android.  I have looked everywhere and can select the files but can’t find a button for deleting.

Do you have a screenshot or explain it more?  I’d even given to my kids, thinking it should be so simple and I’m just missing it…nope, they couldn’t find it either.  I’m using the MyCloud app…on the Samsung tablet.

Hello, I’m using iPhone X and can not find any “delete” “bin” file on my passport wireless pro. How can I remove some files or video?

Furthermore, the video seems to have not backup after I manually select the video folder, any photo and steps can help to give instruction?