Closing WD My Cloud app does not logoff access -- HELP this is not very secure!

I have gone round and round now trying to set up MyCloud for mobile access…actually I was able to easily gain access to my device.  The directions are not very clear at all as far as exactly what steps to do in what order.  I initially set everything up using my PC (including setting up my password for my mobile access).  I went to the Play Store, downloaded the app, typed in the password and had access.  I never even used the email.  Then when I couldn’t logout, I remembered the email and tried to follow those directions and at first I was able to logon (then I changed something which I don’t remember) then I couldn’t logon because it kept asking for my “network password”…I typed in the network password but it kept telling me it was incorrect. 

Then, I looked at the “configure access” screen on the desktop and realized I was supposed to have done something with a code to activate the device.  It said to type it into the app…there was no place to type it into the app.  I uninstalled and reinstalled as well as deleted my access completely hoping to start all over and do it right.  Well, it made no difference.  So, here I am again, unable to log out.  I did read the previous post and your response to setup a password before you can access the app.  Either I’m not in the right place or it does’t work.  I opened the app and on the first screen possible, clicked the menu button to go to settings.  

I clicked the box for “Passcode Lock” and set a passcode.  It doesn’t change anything…I close the app and reopen it and it still opens right up to my device.  I tried going to the “manage apps” settings on the mobile device, selected the mycloud app and clicked “Force Stop”.  Then when I reopened the app, it did ask for my passcode to open the app but if I just close the app again and reopen, it DOES NOT ask for the passcode again…unless there is something else I am supposed to do to “close” the app.  Am I really going to have to remember to “force close” the app everytime I am finished using it???  Sorry if this gets answered twice – I wasn’t sure if it was better to reply to previous similar message or post a new one.

Thank you!

[MOD: Edited for easier reading]

Hi,

The wey that you are describing the application, it’s how it works.

As a recommendation, add this as request to the ideas board to see if that can be implemented on feature updates.

Link to the ideas.

http://community.wd.com/t5/Software-Accessory-Ideas/idb-p/software_ideas

Disappointing, but thank you for the info…You’d think in the day and age of information compromise, etc, that would have been a no brainer…