Cannot connect remotely to WDMyCloud

Update: I may have discovered my problem.  I started to notice that after some trial and error that could sometimes access the MyBook Live but not the MyCloud.  Conversely, suddenly I was able to access the MyCloud but not the MyBook Live.

So… I disabled remote access on the MyBook Live and all is well with remote access to the MyCloud.

I also noticed that I am running a ‘relay connection’; my Apple Airport Extreme doesn’t support uPnP and, since I am on Comcast Business, which provides NAT from the cable modem and, again, I am NAT’ing again from my Apple Airport Extreme.  As such, I can’t really enable port forwarding in this environment, since I don’t have control over the Comcast modem (well, unless I pay extra for a static IP).

Well, anyway… I am up and running.  Now, onto my Safepoint issues, which I think are due to the limitations of running rsync from an AFP -serviced filesystem on the MyCloud to an SMB/CIFS filesystem on the MyBook Live and the inevitable filename/file-length limitations.