Can't connect MyPassport Wireless to MyCloud app on iOS

Hi,

I have just purchased the MyPassport wireless and I am having difficulty connecting this to any of my iOS devices.

I have successfully created both a “direct” and a “home” set up to my Mac and looked through all the settings to see if there was something I am obviously missing. However, nothing.

I can still connect to my MyBookLive NAS drive through the WD MyCloud App but I receive the following prompt when trying to connected to the MyPassport Wireless (which is exactly what I have done)

When I initially set up the device it also allowed me to change the connection type (Direct - Home etc) within the Wi-Fi UI however, this option has now also disappeared. 

Any help will be greatly appreciated, I really don’t want to have to return the product as I highly rate and recommend all WD Products

Kind Regards,

Danny

Danny, this is a user forum; not WD support.  Nevertheless, let’s see if I can help you get the thing going.

First of all, move away from any possibility of interference, so take your fully charged MPW and move away from computers. modems and routers – at least 20 feet away – like at the dining table.  Have your iOS device you are trying to connect to it with you, too.

Then, do a factory reset that does not affect any data on it but does get it back to the “beginning” again.  So, follow these steps:

System Restore (No UI):

*Do NOT have an SD card in the drive.

1. Power on device. Wait till both lights are solid (Fully Booted)
  2. Hold both buttons for 10 seconds (or until the device reboots)
  3. When it boots up it will be in a fresh state, with the exception of the drive. The drive is not touched with this restore.

Next, delete the My Cloud app from the iOS device(s), and then re-install it.  You may need a recent version, etc.

At this point you can start setting it all up from the very beginning again from right where you are sitting.  Connect to the “MyPassport” wireless signal for a direct connect.  After you have that done and working, then you can connect to the home network if you want to.

If you stll have problems, then contact WD phone support so they can walk you through the setup.