CHROME OS app for WD MyCloud

ChromeOS users need and use cloud services much more than Windows or MAC OS users. Chrome OS is designed to work on cloud.

Unfortunatly I can’t find any CHROME OS app at the CHROME APPSTORE. 

2 Likes

Hi yossihn, welcome to the Community. What type of apps do you have in mind? 

1 Like

jubei04 wrote:

Hi yossihn, welcome to the Community. What type of apps do you have in mind? 

WD My Cloud Desktop app, for one…

2 Likes

Hi Jobei04, yes. A Chrome OS app that can access and manage my My Cloud 2 TB that I’ve ordered. Also agood file manager that is better than the stock one.
Actually, ability to access a network storage is the missing part in this chrome OS system.

4 Likes

Great ideas, I noticed that you already posted in the ideas boards, lets see how other users vote for it.

CHROME OS app for WD MyCloud

http://community.wd.com/t5/Personal-Cloud-Ideas/CHROME-OS-app-for-WD-MyCloud/idi-p/835885

3 Likes

According to Amazon, between November 2014 and now the Three top selling Laptops where …Chromebooks.

1 Like

What do you mean “Let’s see how the others vote”???

Chromebooks are cloud based devices. There is NO excuse for not having an app for the Chrome OS by now.

I have a 6TB cloud drive that I am unable to access away from home using a chromebook in a snowstorm.

Might impact my future purchases.

2 Likes

meritter wrote:

What do you mean “Let’s see how the others vote”???

Chromebooks are cloud based devices. There is NO excuse for not having an app for the Chrome OS by now.

I have a 6TB cloud drive that I am unable to access away from home using a chromebook in a snowstorm.

Might impact my future purchases.

The voting system helps prioritize what WD Community members would like to see first. While Chromebooks are relatively common on their own, there are other features the majority of board members with currently active Windows and Mac-based systems would like to see before Chrome OS support.

What you can do to speed-up the process is to spread the word for more votes and to add a link in your signature to the voting page for visibility and exposure. 

1 Like