Android update to KitKat killed auto upload to WD Photos

So, i’ve searched around and did not get much info on this.

I have Samsung Galaxy S4 with Sprint. Samsung recently pushed KitKat 4.2.2 update to the phone. Upgraded with no issues but noticed ever since the upgrade, my WD Photo app stopped auto-upload pictures to the cloud.

What I have done so far:

• Re-installed WD Photo.
  • Re-initialized with MyBookLive and re-estalblished connection to the cloud. (successful, no errors, can access)
  • Rebooted phone and MyBookLive, after and before the install, just incase.
  • Attempted to toggle settings on WD Photos to only sync via Wi-Fi and cell provider
  • Made sure I’m running latest firmware on MyBookLive MyBookLive 02.43.03-022 : Core F/W.
  • Attempted to authenticate with Admin and created accounts.
  • Phone is not rooted nor has any customizations to it’s ROM
  • Plenty of external and internal storage (16GB and 32GB)
  • No changes made to the Network.
  • No issues backing up nor connecting to shares via PC W7.

Well, I think I covered most of what I have done and now I’m stuck and need your help guys. 

Please shoot over any ideas or solutions, if anyone already encountered this type of problem, my way.

Greatly Appreciated everyone’s help.

Hi I am kinda having the same issue with my Note 3 on Sprint…  After getting the KitKat 4.4.2 update I can no longer download any files from my Wd My Book Live via the WD My Cloud app.  I can STream a music file from the drive or a movie but cannot get the actual file to be downloaded to my storage card on my phone…  I have a Samsung Galaxy note with 4.3 and with that I can download everything… So I know it isnt the phone itself it has to be something with the Kitkat update that is not allowing the transfer of the file for download…

I guesss we have to escalate this with our providers or with developers. Interestingly, my both phones stopped auto uploads right after the update. However, I can upload the files manually if I initiate it myself.

vrussImpaler wrote:

So, i’ve searched around and did not get much info on this.

I have Samsung Galaxy S4 with Sprint. Samsung recently pushed KitKat 4.2.2 update to the phone. Upgraded with no issues but noticed ever since the upgrade, my WD Photo app stopped auto-upload pictures to the cloud.

What I have done so far:

• Re-installed WD Photo.
  • Re-initialized with MyBookLive and re-estalblished connection to the cloud. (successful, no errors, can access)
  • Rebooted phone and MyBookLive, after and before the install, just incase.
  • Attempted to toggle settings on WD Photos to only sync via Wi-Fi and cell provider
  • Made sure I’m running latest firmware on MyBookLive MyBookLive 02.43.03-022 : Core F/W.
  • Attempted to authenticate with Admin and created accounts.
  • Phone is not rooted nor has any customizations to it’s ROM
  • Plenty of external and internal storage (16GB and 32GB)
  • No changes made to the Network.
  • No issues backing up nor connecting to shares via PC W7.

Well, I think I covered most of what I have done and now I’m stuck and need your help guys. 

Please shoot over any ideas or solutions, if anyone already encountered this type of problem, my way.

Greatly Appreciated everyone’s help.

Hi guys this issue is currently under investigation.

Thanks Jubei04. 

I wanted to let everyone know that my WD App recently received an update and my auto-upload function is now working. The only difference I noticed, since the application original functionality, was the change in the file upload structure. Originally, the upload would simply put all the pictures into the single folder, created during the initial set up, and now, the pictures create new folders with year and date respectively.

It’s not a big change; I’m glad I can use auto upload function again.

Well, this was interesting and hope this helps others as well.