Accessing wd2go.com via Unique Network

HI!

So i just bought my new 3TB My Cloud thinking it would keep all of my files ready for use whenever and wherever… this turned out to be harder than expected. I’m pretty new to the whole NAS drive concept and i’d really appreciate some help/advice:

First of all, i attend uni and the whole point of the MyCloud was to easily access my files saved from my MAC saved to the Cloud whilst in uni (using a university computer), as it turns out, the uni computers dont have “64Bit” Java installed and therefore wd2go.om just doesnt work. IT department have just told me they have no idea (as guessed) and im starting to feel i may have hit a brick wall, so my first question is… is there anyway i can get around this or access my files in a different way (maybe an wd2go.com alternate)?

Second question, i’ve managed to make a alias within finder on my favourites bar, i did this by dragging an alias from the MyCloud folder to the desktop and then dragging it back into finder and into favourites. This seems to have worked pretty good but i was wanting to know whether there was any way i could use this folder within finder whilst off my home network?

In case it helps… i have a Macbook Air running Mavericks and a new SkyHub.

Again, any help or advice would be fantastic!

Thanks

Hello NathanCooper, you can also install the My Cloud desktop application to access your files, this one doesn’t use Java.

http://support.wd.com/product/download.asp?groupid=904&sid=210&lang=en

Hi Ichigo,

As it happens, I use the WD MyCloud Desktop App on my Mac which is pretty useful! I prefer it over the shared drive folder but my main problem lies with accessing MyCloud while in university.

Due to uni rules, I can’t actually install programs(Java) onto the computers and as you can imagine I use different computers within the campus… I guess I’m more so looking for an alternative to wd2go.com. Without it, I basically just have a drive only accessible from home for my needs.

Any more advice with be great, thanks!