Difference between My Cloud Mirror and My Cloud EX2

A review on Amazon indicates that the My Cloud Mirror does not use the same hard drives and does not have the same processor as the My Cloud EX2.  Is this correct?

Was this review from a "Verfied Purchaser?

As far as I have heard, all of WD’s NASes now use only WD Red drives.

Can’t speak to the processors, though.

I called the WD Store customer service.  Guy said that EX2 always has RED drives but the Mirror sometimes has RED drives and sometimes GREEN drives (it is random).  Then I called WD technical support (supposedly a different office) and I was told both models always come with RED drives, never GREEN drives.

Too bad this company has such confusion on such basic points.

For peace of mind for only $20 more, I think I’ll get the EX2 and not have to be concerned about this.

Interesting that there has been no comment yet from an official spokesperson for Western Digital.

This is an user forum with mostly user inputs though occassionally a WD staff will comment if they desire. Most of the time though they don’t chime in - so don’t come here looking for official WD responses. For that, WD tech support line/email are the best options.

And I believe the WD tech support is correct…all the WD NAS products should be shipping with RED drives, that are designed fr NAS usage. Green is designed for desktop usage.

Cybernut1 wrote:

This is an user forum with mostly user inputs though occassionally a WD staff will comment if they desire. Most of the time though they don’t chime in - so don’t come here looking for official WD responses. For that, WD tech support line/email are the best options.

And I believe the WD tech support is correct…all the WD NAS products should be shipping with RED drives, that are designed fr NAS usage. Green is designed for desktop usage.

Sorry, guys, I meant to post sooner.  The My Cloud EX2 and EX4 all come with Red drives.  The My Cloud and My Cloud Mirror will most likely come with Red drives.  However, we may use any compatible WD drive available when necessary.

http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/library/Flyer/ENG/4178-705183.pdf

So the Mirror may/may not come with Red drives? And its $40 more? Gee why would you Not get the EX series?

Mirror is cheaper than EX2. Question I’ve been long pondering about is why’d anyone want to get the EX2 over Mirror at this point :slight_smile: