ex4 iSCSI mac formatting problems

Hi,
I’m looking to create an iSCSI target on my EX4, and to access it via my Mac.

But I’ve run into problems.

• I create the iSCSI target via the EX4’s web interface.
• Using GlobalSan on my Mac, I connect to the newly created iSCSI target
• connection is successful, but…
• when it connects & my computer tells me that it’s an uninitialized disk and I open disk utility…
• The (EX4) device lists itself as “200 GB WD %s,t FILEIO Media” 
• I attempt to format the disk as Mac OS Extended (journaled). It looks to progress for a bit, then hangs, then throws the error:
“Disk Erase Failed
Disk Erase failed with the error:
POSIX reports: The operation couldn’t be completed.
Resource busy”

I thought that this might be a Yosemite vs Mavericks issue, but after digging up one of my old Mavericks machines & replicating the error, I realized that wasn’t the issue.

Anyone experienced this error? Know of a solution?

Hi there and welcome to the WD community.

Try making a different Target with a different size to see if this makes a difference, you can also try to do a system restore on the unit to see if creating the other target does not help, but lets see if another user can help out with some tips and information on this matter.

Here is a link on how to do the system restore on the unit:

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10433

Heyo.

I’d already tried making targets of different sizes, which resulted in the same non-functional behavior.

Last night I tried doing the suggested system restore. Problem/issue persists.

b.

i have the same issue, the issue apears when a updated to 1.5.30 firware

anyone???

I talked with a WD tech on Tuesday night. After he took notes about my setup & this case, he said that they’d attempt to reproduce in-house and he’d get back to me via phone or email the next day (wednesday).

I haven’t heard back yet. (now thursday)

If it’s a known issue & they’re working on it, I’m good with that. But it’d also be great if someone at WD actually said “yes, this is a problem, and it will be addressed at “x” time”

i downgraded to an old firmware and still the same error.

ok, i fixed de error.

on the globsan option when you connect de iscsi in error detection select none, and you can format the drive, and then select again header and data.

Hpascoll’s solution seems to work. Just remember to switch error correction back to header/data once formatting is complete.

Hi,

where is the option metioned?

Tnaks,