LG smart TV not seeing my files

I was watching movies from my EX4 the other night just fine and then when I woke up the next day the tv can see the EX4 but says “No Files” when i click on it. I know the files are still there because my computer can see and play them just fine. Has anyone else run into this problem? Any ideas on how to fix this? I have already tried rebooting my EX4 and wireless router. Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

So you’ve tried rebooting EX4 already (router reboot makes no difference in this case - what matters is the DLNA server - the EX4 and the DLNA client - the TV). I guess the only question at this point is have you turned your TV off and after a couple minutes back on and tried? And I don’t mean off by using the TV remote - but powering it off at the power outlet.

Hey Cybernut,

Thanks for the response. I did try that and still nothing. Any other ideas?

Oh, i forgot to mention that i have some of the same movie files on a 2tb usb drive and the tv is still seeing those just fine.

Beatlechud wrote:

Hey Cybernut,

Thanks for the response. I did try that and still nothing. Any other ideas?

The only other viable idea I can think of is to rebuild your media database, in case it got corrupted for some reason. To do so go into the dashboard → Settings → Media → DLNA Media Server → DLNA Database → Rebuild.  It will of course take several hours/days to finish rebuilding depending on how many files you have…and you will need to restart your TV (power off and on after a couple minues - not off via remote but off at the power outlet) to pick up once the DLNA database has been rebuilt. This should definitely clear up issues and make it work.

Only after you tried this and it works, you could click on the star under my username to the left of this post to give me a kudo.

1 Like

All up and running now. Thanks for the help! :robothappy: