MyCloud EX2 automatic firmware update = permanent Safe Mode

Good luck to you and yes, I understand the urgency and graveness of this issue. And sometimes mass testimonials is the only way to get WD’s attention. I myself had reported an FTP bug, right after EX2’s launch, that basically rendered FTP unusable. Their tech support acknowledged the bug and assured me of speedy help, but except for me and another fellow user called Vertech1, no on else raised a ruckus. To make matters worse, they launched the Mirror product with the same bug two months later even though they were well aware of the issue. Guess what? They finally fixed it in this latest firmware release three days ago, a full FIVE MONTHS later…and they got away without providing a fix for this long primarily because I was the lone voice on it. I will give WD due credit though…they did reach out to me and were very generous, for which I appreciate their kindness, but still a broken feature was a broken feature. Anyway, that FTP bug is now finally fixed, but oddly enough there were no mention of it in the latest firmware’s release notes. I guess they didn’t want to be too conspicuous about a bug of such an important functionality as FTP. So they passed it in under the radar. But I’m glad it’s been done…announced or otherwise.

1 Like