External cloud access works no more

You should NOT forward the ports in both the EX2 and the router.  Its also possible that your ISP is blocking port 80, a lot of them do.  So here is what I would do;

1.- I would setup the EX2 to use DHCP for its IP address.

2.- I would then go to my router and RESERVE the IP address for my EX2 based on its MACID.  (This way the DHCP server is fully aware of the IP address of the EX2.  Even though if the router is working properly this shouldnt matter, I have seen it make a difference.)  You should reboot the EX2 after doing this and confirm its IP address matches the reservation set in the router…

3.- I would go into the EX2 and setup the Cloud access manually to use ports 8081 and 8443.

4.- I would then go into the EX2 network config to manually add port forwards for 8081 and 8443 , naming them Cloud and Cloud1.

5.- I would then go into my router and remove any manual port forwards I have assigned.

6.- I would also go into the router and confirm UPNP is enabled , and that the newly assigned ports show up.

7.- Confirm that when you enable cloud access it says “Connected”.  When you manually configure the ports it will probably say relay connection established.  This is OK.  We just want to confirm the EX2 has connected to the WD servers.

8.-  IF the newly assigned ports show up in the UPNP routing table and the EX2 confirms it is connected, I would then attempt to access the EX2 from outside my network.  (Try using your cell phones hotspot feature if you have it.) 

9.- IF I could not confirm UPNP functionality then I would manually configure the port forwards in my router and remove the port forwards I added in the EX2 network config.  Then re-confirm that the cloud shows “Connected” and test again from outside.

If this works then my last test would be to first reboot the router, then after the router is back online reboot the EX2, then test outside access again.

Let me know what you find.

2 Likes