Wd my cloud app and IOS 9 - freeze?

I have a new iphone with ios 9 and the new wd my cloud app.

When I first installed it, it opened to the main screen. In the upper left corner was the hamburger menu button that opened a slider and I saw all 6 of my live drives, as well as the downloads section. When I would click on downloads, I saw my local music files and could play them successfully.

Aferward, I selected on of my the mycloud drives. This is when the problem started.  Here is the only way I can think to describe the issue:

When I first start the app (it is not running in background) the app opens to the context of this mycloud drive. I see four shares, and can press any of them to navigate forward into them (the drive is live and online). However, if I want to go back to see the local downloaded files or my other drives, I press the hamburger menu. The entire app just stops responding. Sometimes it just closes, other times it just freezes. When it does, I mean FREEZES. There is no going forward again into the shares I was able to inspect before.

Even if I do not force close the app, if I double-click the home button so the app minimizes, I can pull it right back up from the switcher and the app comes forward, seems to reinitialize (I see the light-blue page with the  my cloud logo appear, and it opens back into the context of the one drive I can access.

I can not seem to get out of this loop. I do not really want to remove the app from the phone because it took me a while to downlonad the music files locally and I do not want to have to do that again.

Is this something anyone else has seen?

Note: I am not sure of the app version but I updated two days ago to the latest in the store and appstore shows me available updates.

Img attached. index.jpg

In another attempt to get around this, I navigate into one of the share folders and the hamburger menu icon changes to < Back and a dropdown where one of the popdown menus says DEVICES. I thought that might be able to take me back to a higher page in the application, but it locks up all the same.

Thanks

I don’t see the hamburger menu when I’m in a share.  I only see it when drives are listed, so if I’m in a share, I can only “Back” up until the drive list returns.

So, in other words, I can’t reproduce your test steps.

You are exactly right. When the app starts on my iphone, It does not start on the page showing all of the devices registered to my account. Instead I have a mycloud drive called Mycloud4tb. When the application starts, it loads the list of shared folders ON THIS DRIVE.(Public, NamedShare1, NamedShare2). This is the display where I see the hamburger menu.

So, if I click the PUBLIC share, the application navigates forward and I see the files inside the PUBLIC share. At this point, the hamburger menu changes to “<Back”

So the hamburger menu only displays when I am in the context of a single wd cloud device with the list of shares.

In the followup edit of my post, I went INTO the public share. So, as you mention, the hamburger menu changed to “<Back”

So, then instead of pressing back and attempting the hamburger menu, I clicked on the dropdown arrow to the right of <Back where I get the dropdown menu that has three options: Public (with a pin), WDMycloud4TB (which successfully takes me back to the screen displaying the list of shares), and DEVICES - which locks up the application every time.

I hope I have been more clear this time.

Thanks

Yep – very clear.

It does not lock anything up for me, though, when I click the Down-arrow (next to Back) and select DEVICES – the gray tab slides in listing all the devices (and other menus) and I can select another device.

One suggestion would be for you to remove all of your paired drives, and add them back one at a time and see if the addition of a specific unit brings on the problem.

Hello,

Thank you for reporting the issue with the WD MyCloud App and IOS 9.

This information is being escalated to our engineering teams for further investigation.

Regards,

Samuel Brown