Win 8.1 App crashes - MyBookLive 3TB

I have downloaded the WD App from the Windows App store.  When I launch the app, sometimes I see “No supported WD devices found”.  If I close the app and restart it, I can see the live tiles under the categories “Photos” “Videos” Music", etc, and a status bar at the top of the screen that tells me xxx number of folders are being discovered.  Then after a few seconds, the app crashes and returns to the screen that tells me I have no supported devices…

I have updated the drive to the latest available firmware (02.43.10-04802.43.10-048) but still no success.  I have no other connection challenges with this unit and can map to it, but the App is extremely unstable.  Too bad because it presents a nice interface.

Is there any solution for this?  I read one post where someone suggested that this App wasn’t meant for the MyBookLive, but the information on the App’s site clearly lists the MyBookLive as one of the “Recommended hardware” options for this App.

I’ve seen a number of complaints, but no solutions from WD.  I have been frustrated by this for over a year when I first learned that WD offered the App on Win 8.1.

I have tried deleting and reinstalling the app, I have tried a factory restore on the device (which is extremely labor intensive and time consuming and I am not willing to do it again).

This issue is happening on both my Lenovo Helix running Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, and my desktop which is running Windows 8.1 Enterprise version 64bit.

I originally posted on the external drives forum, but no one offered any advice.  I think this is probably the better forum to use.  Hopefully the app developers monitor this forum and can offer some advice.  Even if the advice is “we don’t currently have a solution for this”, at least it’s an answer.  I just went back to the windows store to read some for the reviews - apparently no one is happy that this app doesn’t work and all it’s been receiving lately is one star with a slew of complaints that the app doesn’t work.

Either offer a fix for the app, or update the information on the app’s description that explains which devices just aren’t compatible.  That would be the right thing to do.

Any suggestions?

Hello, 

I haven’t try this app. Have you tried reinstalling the app? 

Let’s see if some of the user can share some light on this case.

Also you can try contacting WD Support for direct assistance.

WD Contact info:

http://support.wdc.com/country/index.asp?lang=en%22