WD2go remote access - Java error (Just show the Java loading page, and hang there forever...)

I am using MACBook Pro. Recently, I am not able to access WD2go from safari…After I key in my password, the Java authentication pop up for access permission. Once I have accepted and click run…the Java loader hangs there forever…

Or it will turn into a black page

Did you try using a different browser?

1 Like

Yes, I have tried Chrome, even worse. Please advice. 

I am having the same issue.  Says something about the Java certificate being expired.  Contact developer.

That is worth…because I just updated my JAVA with the lastest version. 

I have the same problem on my MacBook pro.  I am running OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and Safari 7.0 (9537.71).  I downloaded the latest version of the Java runtime (v7) today.  My MyBook Live Duo can’t be accessed on either my or my wife’s MBP.  Chrome doesn’t fare any better because it won’t work with Java v7.  My MyBook is fully up to date (MyBookLiveDuo 02.43.03-022 : Core F/W).

Can anyone shed any light on this?  It is frustrating not being able to access the drive remotely.

Thanks

I have been having trouble all day trying to get Safari to open mybook live.  I get the Java error.  I have accepted the java app to run.  The page opens and I get a share count and either the rest of the page is dark or I get the lava load hang.  I have opened the same page in firefox and I was able to open the Share in finder and had full access.  this may be a problem with Safari and I have checked and rechecked settings. 

Here is the solution that I came up with and I now have access:

select Preferences

Select Security

Click on Manage Website Settings Button

Scroll To and select Java

Select mybook live

Click on the dropdown next to mybook live and select run in unsafe mode at bottom of list

Click trust

You may have to reload the page but everything is now accessible for me.

MacBook Pro - Mavericks - Safari

4line - thanks!  It works for me also with Firefox, apart from some odd graphical artefacts on the page.  Your method didn’t help me with Safari, however.  I am still seeing the same result even after a full system restart after setting the page to run in unsafe mode.

Now the problem is I can access the server on my local network using Firefox (which is not much use since obviously on my local network I can access it directly) but when accessing from a remote network I get “the server directory could not be mounted because it is not WebDAV-enabled or because it does not exist, or because node does not have proper access”.  Can anyone help with this?  Googling the error yields some pages from 2012 on the WD community where a similar problem was exposed on upgrading to Mountain Lion and was solved by simply accepting security certificates in Safari.  I can’t access my drive using Safari however (as discussed above), and it isn’t clear how to resolve this error on Mavericks.  Has anyone encountered and solved this?

Many thanks!

I cannot stream music from MyBookLive, i have a MacBook Air and also a MacMini, latest computers, opperating systems, and software. It used to work, now I get Java errors.

I can stream from my iPad and also iPhone (listening to it right now), but every time i use my WD Cloud on my computer(s) to play a song it just downloads the song and plays it, never moving to the next song. Everything is setup correctly and each share is enabled as a media server.

It just will not stream, what is going on & when is is going to get fixed?

John,

Are you guys going to fix this. 

Your company is encouraging us to run Java in “unsafe mode” is that you permanent fix? Is that acceptable to WD? Why can’t you guys just get this fixed?

So now after running Java in unsafe mode (really ?!!) I get to click on my “shares” and click on the “open in finder” button, but it will not let me see the content of the folders…

I need to find something that works, and it looks like you guys do not have that, and,from the evidence of replies to other posts, seem to be unresponsive.

vornel wrote:

John,

Are you guys going to fix this. 

Your company is encouraging us to run Java in “unsafe mode” is that you permanent fix? Is that acceptable to WD? Why can’t you guys just get this fixed?

We are currently investigating this issue.

As soon as I have more information I will reply back to the thread.

2 Likes

This method doesnt work for me as well.

Thanks john. If not, it is very unconvenient and lost the purpose of using WD solution (via browser) while we are away from our local network…

I am having the same issue.  Says something about the Java certificate being expired.  Contact developer.

In my opinion another security issue that should be investigated and fixed ASAP.

I have been having the same issue for a few weeks but its been working on chrome…same issue on ipad…

Hi John,

I’m having this trouble as well. It’s very disappointing, as the remote access is the main reason I bought the MBL, and it’s making working between the office and home as difficult as it used to be!

Any update? 

Thanks. 

I returned mine and got another brand.

Adding another voice to the ones with the problem on Safari (both on a MacBook Air and iPads) … the My Cloud app works fine on the iPad and Phone, but I need access through my OS X computers… Please update soon!