WD my cloud keeps saving the same images to my phones SD card without my permission

Hi,

So on my WD my cloud I have some very personal sensitive pictures that I don’t have saved on my phone.  I loved this technology because it would allow me to save these pictures to a password protected account and view these pictures without them being physically located on my phone.

If someone needed to use my phone for anything my privacy wouldn’t be violated because they didn’t have access to the WD my cloud through the app to view these pictures without entering in my pin into the app.

Then all of a sudden I was very upset to find that some seemingly random pictures from my WD my cloud are being automatically saved on my SD card without my permission!!!  what is really frustrating is that its just one or two files from one or two folders. I keep on thinking how are these particular images being identified, tagged, marked for being saved to my SD card.  Its possible that maybe I long pressed my phones screen when viewing some of these images by accident and this resulted in them being saved to my drive but I have deleted them off only to see them come back!!  Of course it had to be pictures that again I want to keep private.  So now I cannot simply hand my phone to someone to take pictures or browse the internet unless I completely uninstall the WD my cloud app… in which case I should just buy another NAS solution because I bought this device for media streaming and backup.

To be clear I don’t want ANY data to be backed up on my phone or from my phone.  I use dropbox to backup data from my phone and I don’t want anything on my WD my cloud to be backed up to another location.

My phone is a samsung galaxy note II using android jellybean my WD mycloud is using firmware Version 04.01.04-422.

I really hope someone can help.  If not then back to the store this thing goes.  I would think I would see a very obvious notification window when images are saved to my phones SD card based on something I pressed and I could take note of what I did to cause this issue.  I have never seen any such screen which has been greatly frustrating.

Please help

JD

I figured it out.  There is an option to fetch a high resolution image.  When you do this then it downloads the file to the SD card whereas I assumed it would just save it to the cache which I could easily delete.  Interesting I will need to consider this “feature” for future reference.  I would very much like if viewing a high res image via the browser would just save the photo to the temporary cache…

Hi and welcome to the WD community.

I am glad to hear you were able to fix you issue, hopefully this will help other users on the community with similar problems.