WD MY Cloud App for Windows Phone (8.1)

Hi

Would be great to be able to share “My Passport Wireless” storage to my Windows Phone (8.1). Understand from WD support there are no current plans to provide this functionality.

As a result would like to request that WD My Cloud App is developed on the Windows Phone platform. There are a significant amount of business/home users that would find this functionality useful.

Regards

KmanIre

5 Likes

Welcome to the WD Community.

You already added this to the ideas board. It might be taken into consideration if many users vote for it. 

Synology already have apps for Windows Phone and before my friends and myself consider moving to a different brand, I will need to see support for all Windows devices.

Since Windows 10 came out with Windows Universal app, they can release one single app that will work on regular Windows PC with Windows 10, Windows Mobile 10, Windows Tablet, Xbox, HoloLens IoT… Far more potential than with any other OS.

1 Like

I also think that because of the Universal App that it is worth it.

Just moved from Android to Windows Mobile.
My Cloud ext2 is useless this way.
Hopefully WD will release a new version for Windows mobile soon.
More and more people and office are moving to windows mobile.

Can Western Digital give an official status for WD Mycloud and Windows Phone 8.1 users ?

We can read on this forum that WD does not support anymore Windows Phone with MyCloud. The WD website indicates that the Mobile App is now for Android and iPhone.
Numerous WP8.1 users can not even use WD2GO, as the final access to files meets a “No network access” error message.
Smartware seems to have technical issues with Windows 10.

It makes sense to notify this status, in the Customer section of every famous commercial website selling MyCloud, in order to prevent customers to buy without knowing.

2 Likes

I did that at three different websites (comments/reviews), but nobody published.

2 Likes

If WD really doesn´t support my cloud app for windows phone anymore, i am going to sell my NAS disc and buy one from a manufactor who supports apps for windows phone user.

2 Likes

I’m disgusted by WDs decision to drop support for Windows Phones. I bought the d**n device so that we could share files between Windows, Android and apple Phones and now I find the main selling feature of the product has been discontinued.
I will NEVER NEVER NEVER again buy anything from WD (at least unless this issue is fixed). They are a totally untrustworthy company in my view and cannot be relied on for customer support.
I’ve heard I can send the device back and get a refund - How do I go about doing this.

1 Like

WD Cheated All Windows phone users…

I have just bought a 3TB Cloud device and am amazed that WD doesn’t support WindowsPhone. I see there’s a note asking if I want to continue this old conversation… Well, yes, actually I do, because at the moment the functionality of the product I have just bought has been severely limited by the lack of a WindowsPhone app. Come on WD, get your act together and produce an app for WindowsPhone. And speedily, there are several of us who are waiting, and remember, you’ve already banked our money …

Folks, the company to “blame” for no WD app and gazillions of other absent apps for Windows phones rest with MICROSOFT. The following article (one of many similar articles) explains why there is a big hole in available Windows phone apps, and the reasons are many.

Thanks for posting that mike27oct. It made interesting reading. It is often very difficult to know who to blame for these things, but the whole nonsense with WindowsPhone and Facebook leads me to think that you may well be right. Frustrating.

Richard
Webpage address: www.richardpowell.no
Webpage address: www.giske.kyrkja.no