Unable to Open / View JPG files on Andriod devices

Much the same issue as a previous post in 2014 without an answer (apologies to previous messager).

I’m hopeful that someone has solved the issue and can provide a solution.

I can’t seem to display photos from my Android Phones (Samsung Galaxy S5 running lollipop or Motorola.)  I able to access the WD My Cloud directory via my home Wi-Fi as well as well as through the WD website.  When I go to a directory with photos, it populates with a blank thumbnail photos next to each JPG file…when I go to display a photo, I’ll see either a pulsating circle or a loading bar (that gradually fills) with the phrase “Opening”.  This phase either never ends or once the loading bar completely fills, it just disappears……and No Photo or sometime says “No access to file”.  I have opened up Video AVI / MP4 and MP3 files without an issue on the Andriod devices.

The files have been there for months so shouldnt be a database issue.

I have an iPad and this does not seem to have an issue displaying these files.  Everything populates and displays…very quickly.

Any advice.

You don’t indicate which app is having the problem, WD My Cloud for Adroid and or the WD Photo for Android.

Both apps will open JPG files on my Motorola Droid Mini and Nexus 7 Android devices. The images open up in some sort of WD picture app included with either app.

Perhaps you should uninstall the app, then reinstall one or both of them from the Google Play Store and see if the problem persists.

I have both apps - I think I have solved the issue following a reboot of my WD My Cloud and a database rebuild. Most of the jpg files now have a humbnail and can be opened. The few that can’t be opened are relatively new files and may need some time before they can be opened. So moral may be to do a reboot and database rebuild.

I rebuilt my database on the DashBoard (Web Version) and rebooted my WDMycloud and other devices and this seems to have solved the issue, although may take some time for all the thumbnails to rebuild and appear.