MyCloud Android app a battery drainer?

One of the users on my unit (My Cloud 3TB) complained that the app was draining the battery. This user uses the Android platform. After un-installing the app, he says, the battery usage was back to normal…

Since I’m an Apple-user myself, I have no idea if this is a de facto issue with Android users…

Anyone who has any ideas regarding this? As to why this occurs. Or, what could be wrong… I have a hard time believing that the app would recieve naught but bad reviews if this battery drainage was an issue…

//Stefan

Hi there,

I am also an apple user so i would not know if this is correct, but lets see if another user can share some information and tips on this matter.

I have installed WD MY Cloud Android app on my HTC One M8 and have configured the app so that after taking photos and videos the app is backing up all these files to my WD MyCloud (3TB HDD) when phone is in Wi-Fi zone.

Since the very beginning after starting using this app I noticed that during backing up of those photos/videos the app significantly drains the phone’s battery. After photos/videos are backed up from phone to WD MyCloud HDD the battery usage is back to normal. I am using “GSam battery monitor app” which shows which app drains the battery.

I’m using also Google Photos app which actually does the same - backing up all new photos/videos from phone to Google servers as soon as phone is in Wi-Fi zone but I have never noticed any significant battery drain.

Any suggestions regarding battery drain of WD MY Cloud Android app?

Has anybody else noticed the same battery drain?

There are a lot of apps that start up in the background when you switch your phone on , including  the MyCloud app.

To deal with this take a look https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dianxinos.optimizer.duplay

I use it, very good bit of kit.