My Cloud iPhone app not generating links to files on a MBLD

Since the recent upgrade of the iOS app for iPhone (version 4.0.0, issued 3 September 2014), I can no longer email items on the My Book Live Duo as a link. The email generated by the app contains no link and is blank. It created the links fine before the upgrade (although oftentimes the links did not work for the recipient, which is another issue altogether). Anyone else got the same problem? How can I reinstall the previous version of the app, which worked fine? 

Hi,

I haven’t seen this yet. 

Have you tried resetting the devices? what about reinstalling the app?

I have the same problem, I have an iphone 5s and have tried everything, WD please sort this out, I have generated a case and no one helping me, i have tried resetting software on my phone and reinstalled the app several times nothing works.

Since the new version of the app came out at the beginning of September the link to email doesnt work where as before the app version changed it did!!

Same for me, ios7 and 8

Come on WD sort this problem out

I have had the unit not working now for 6 months and in excess of 40-50 emails backwards and forwards to you try this try that nothing works!!!

exactly the same issue here!

Does not work on my iPhone and iPad using ios 8.1.2

I only joined the forum to say that I’m having this problem too. In some ways, it’s kind of comforting to know that it’s not just me and is a fault that’s affecting others. I was convinced that the problem lay with my setup. Obviously, this is a known problem.

I am astonished that this has not been resolved in the subsequent updates. It’s not a huge problem for me, but is annoying when I am away from home and need to email myself a link to a large file.

Does anyone know if there are any third party apps that can be used with WD NAS (MyCloud and MyBook) as I have both.

ERmorel wrote:

Hi,

I haven’t seen this yet. 

Have you tried resetting the devices? what about reinstalling the app?

Well, this problem seems to be quite common. I use the App version 4.1.1 on iOS 8.1 and reinstalling did not help. Can anybody with the iOS App installed please confirm that sending Links is working for him or her?

When I try to send a link, the generated email has the “… WD My Cloud …” subject but the body only contains one empty line above my signature. Creating the email from the list (file or folder) or from the file viewer makes no difference. Creating an email with an actual attachment works and also includes an App-Store link.

Using the Mac App (version 1.0.6.14) with the same My Cloud drive, the links get generated just fine.

• WD, please investigate and fix this issue!
  • While at it, please include the option to just copy the URL into the iOS App. (This functionality already exists in the Mac App.)

Same problem.

No link set, just ‘Sent from my iPhonr’.

Pete

‘Leave me in the dark and I will find the light’.

Hi everyone

I finally after months have a fix that has worked for me on my iphone

Please go to general, language and region and make sure its set to English not English UK and it will work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s brilliant! Confirm that this does work! Unfortunately, I need UK English, being in UK. But, this does show where the problem lies. Thanks again!

Hi there Glad it worked for you :slight_smile: I am in the UK as well but my phone works fine on the just ‘english’ setting so you should be ok. All the best

Goddards56 wrote:

Hi everyone

I finally after months have a fix that has worked for me on my iphone

Please go to general, language and region and make sure its set to English not English UK and it will work :slight_smile:

Great find! That nails the bug and makes it reproducible to everyone I’d guess.

And I may add (hope the developers are reading this), that the problem does not lie in the contents of the .lproj folders. By experimentally switching my en.lproj with my de.lproj folder I had a perfectly working german App as long as I had the iPhone’s language set to English. At the same time with iOS language set to German, the App would display english as expected but still produce empty emails.

That shows that there might be a general iOS localization bug involved. Maybe as a workaround, the App could optionally generate plain-text emails instead of html?

BTW moderators, is there a better place for bug reports than this forum?

new iOS update (we are now at 9) and the bug pops up AGAIN.

and changing to english does not work.

I dont believe this…you are right its happened again WD please sort this asap, since new IOS come out problem has reaccured and the English setting no longer works!!!

Hello,

we have passed this along to support