Downloading Folders on WD My Cloud

I have intermitten success with downloading entire folders from MBL for offline viewing in WD My Cloud in my iPad. Does anyone know a workaround?

The app does allow us to select folders, rather than individual files, for download but when I try to download an entire folder, the app crashes. When I re-open the app, it will try again to download the folder I selected earlier and it will crash again. I have to very quickly go to the Activity tab and delete this folder download before the app stabilises.

I have tried deleting the app and reinstalling it, rebooting my iPad but nothing works. I’m using iPad 4 and iOS7.

I am able to download individual files (pdf, word, excel, jpg, etc.) for offline viewing but they will appear in a list of files under the Downloads tab in WD My Cloud. These files come from different folders and I would like to organise them into folders for offline viewing. It’s much faster that way to access the files.

Are there some parameters I should observe when downloading folders for offline viewing in WD My Cloud?

Hi,
I would be happy to assist you. What is the size of folder being downloaded? In the app settings there is any option to increase the cache size. Can you try increasing the cache size to see if that helps? I am also wondering does your iPad has enough free space to hold the folder size? If none of these help, please call our WD customer support and ask for an engineer to talk too, one of us would be happy to debug the issue. In addition, make sure your MBL has the f/w up to date

Thanks,
WD

Hi,

I managed now to download the folders for offline reading.

Thanks