Connection problems

After the new app update and Firmware, I can’t get into MyCloud from my cell phone. The error message I get is "Network connection failure (906). Anyone have an idea what I can do?

Welcome to the Community.

At this moment there are no firmware update files available for the WD My Book Live. Have you tried a device reboot?

Yep, that was the first thing I tried actually, still getting the (906) message. Currently have v04.04.00-308 running, and since I got that, I’ve had no access. I know its no my router’s firewall since it worked before this.

Could it be something with the Android app?

polazza wrote:

Yep, that was the first thing I tried actually, still getting the (906) message. Currently have v04.04.00-308 running, and since I got that, I’ve had no access. I know its no my router’s firewall since it worked before this.

Could it be something with the Android app?

That firmware revision corresponds to a WD My Cloud, not a WD My Book Live. Your unit is white instead of dark gray, correct?

If so, I will move this thread to the correct board, and maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this. You can do so either by phone or email.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
http://support.wdc.com/contact.aspx

Regards,

Trancer.

I am having the same issue…I believe it has to do with the new firmware on the cloud drive…It started happening since yesterday. I was able to access the folders and actually two of my folders were gone. I created a new folder with the same name as the one that was gone and I was lcky enough to get my data back…

Yeah, I just talked to tech support and they said to reinstall the firmware, aaaaand im getting the same problem again.

I have exactly the same problem Network failure (906)

I didnt have any problem at all before the update the app worked fine.

Hope they solve it soon

Hello all, 

We have passed this along to support. 

1 Like

I’m having the same problem since the upgrade

Hi everyone,

I have excatly the same problem.

After updating the Firmware and updating the App following happened:

access to My Cloud possible with LAN connection at the home network

Access possible also via internet from Windows application

Not possible to connect via Andriod App. Direct after new installation of Android App, first connection done, but not possible to enter the file structure. Failure “Network connection 906”

Hi, I have the same problem - WD MyCloud, fw v04.04.00-308, 29-Sep-2015 @ 15:29 CEST. Android app version 4.4.0, running on 3 different devices (Samsung, BenQ, Lenovo) with Android 4.2 and 4.4. Cannot access WD MyCloud device from other net than my own. No changes in my network config (also not my provider), no records in routers log. Tried restart all network devices, reinstall apps, unlink/relink devices, nothing worked at all. Sadly, I have no older Android WD app backuped.

I also have the same problem since upgrading the firmware and app. Has anyone figured out a fix or do you know how to downgrade and restore old firmware?

I cant connect at all

Hello All,

Thank you for reporting the issue with the My Cloud Android Mobile App.

Investigating the reported issue is one of our top priorities.

I will PM each of you individually to obtain detailed information about your environments.

However, please reach out to our support team and provide the system logs from your device.

https://westerndigital.secure.force.com

Thank You,

Samuel Brown

After update of Android app My Cloud everything OK. Thanks for quick fix.

Yes, thanks, after new App update, everthing works fine…

My Cloud 4.4.1 for Android is now available for download.

_What’s New:

• Fix for Network Connection Failure (906)_

Hello,
Cloud access over browser wd2go is possible and structure is visible.
Deinstalled and Installed app “mycloud” on my huawei p30 pro.version 4.4.26
Still 906 error
Additionally made portforwardings in my router. Mycloud did 9091 and 9444 herself, so i made two additional PF 9091 to 9091 and 9444 to 9444. That did not help.
Any helping idea…? Thanks!