Cannot log in to WD2go usihng Firefox (IE11 OK)

I cannot log in to access my MyCloud device using the WD2go site ( https://www.wd2go.com/login.do)) if I use Firefox (version  39.0). I enter my email and password, but when I click the “sign in” button nothing happens, other than a ‘#’ appearing on the end of the current URL.

However, if I use Internet Explorer 11, or the MyCloud Desktop App, login is successful and I can reach the shared folders on my device. So I know that the MyCloud acccount was created successfully and the remote access is all working as it should…

FYI, the PC is an Acer nettop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit.

So, is this a known issue with Firefox? Is it something that can be fixed by a settings tweak, or is it an incompatibility that won’t go away until WD or Mozilla mend something?

Not a vast issue for now as I can always use IE11 or the desktop app…

Regards,

Richard

Hi there and welcome to the WD community.

I am not much of a Firefox user, however i would recommend that the java plugins are up to date also any plug in you might have added to make sure that the site is accesible correctly. Hope this tip helps, also lets see if another use that might be using Firefox can share some tips and information on this matter. 

Thanks for the reply; I checked Java and it appears up-to-date (8 update 51). But the problem happens before I can get to the stage where I would expect to need Java…

I have only three personally-added plugins, NoScript, Adblock Plus and Cookiekeeper, and all appear up to date; I also tried with NoScript disabled + also paused my anti-virus (Kaspersky Internet Security 2015) in case either of those was blocking some scripts on the login page. Still no luck…

I also opened Firefox’s web console to try to see what it was doing when I attempted to log in; upon first going to the login page some sensible-looking stuff appeared in the console; however upon entering my email and password and clicking the “sign in” button, absolutely nothing happened - as if it simply didn’t recognise that there was any action associated with clicking the “sign in” button!

So I am stumped with Firefox, and will have to put up with using IE11 (though I do prefer Firefox as it’s control of security/privacy is much better than Internet Explorer)

Regards,

Richard

OK, got to the bottom of the problem - it is down to some incompatibility with the NoScript extension (I failed to find that out earlier as I forgot to restart FF after disabling NoScript) :flushed:

With NoScript disabled, things on the WD2go site work normally

With NoScript enabled, (and WD2go.com is marked as a trusted site in NoScript’s preferences), I cannot log in. But NoScript does not indicate in its status line that it has blocked anything…

I have started working through NoScript’s settings, trying turning things on and off, but not yet found the thing responsible for my problem.

Regards,

Richard