No sound .mkv movies

Hi, i have not sound when playing .mkv files. I trayed to update latest firmwire, but wd tv dont see them, so I can’t update previously installed firwire(about a year ago ).

wd tv is connected to compozite Sony  Grand Vega, direct in to tv.

what should I do ?

When I updated my WD TV Mini I have downloaded .zip file and nothing happened when I moved it to USB drive, only later it ocurred to me, tat I need to unzip it. Also, be sure to put it in the root of USB drive.

I done that for sure, but under settings I dont se Firmwire icon.

I trayed 3 versions of firmwire , but my WD TV box don’t see them, so I cant update !!!

I didn’t saw either, it prompted me to mak an update just after turning it on.

u r lacki 1, thanks anyway

it plays some .mkv movies, but not all, like        City.Of.God.2002.1080p.BluRay.x264-CiNEFiLE “city.of.god.2002.1080p.bluray.x264-cinefile.rar” , there is video, but not sound !

it plays some .mkv movies, but not all, like        City.Of.God.2002.1080p.BluRay.x264-CiNEFiLE “city.of.god.2002.1080p.bluray.x264-cinefile.rar” , there is video, but not sound !

Ask for a refund from CiNEFiLE.

Hello,

I’m also having the no-sound problem on my WD elements play. Firmware has been updated to v1_01_10, but sound still won’t work on most of my .mkv movies.

Do you have a solution to this problem?

blob555 wrote:

Do you have a solution to this problem?

Turn off compression in the audio header.

i am so disappointed with this product , DTS is a major standard like .avi so I have no clue how it can play mkv without dts,

I have only one mkv file which runs with sound all others DO NOT

I will return this product

Why did you even BUY it if DTS was a requirement for you??

Hi.

I´ve tried Mkclean and Mkvmerge.  But nothing works. Those were the solutions I have found.

What should  I try next? I want sound!

Maybe I´m doing it wrong?

Someone please help me!

How do you turn the audio compression off?

I can’t hear any .mkv movies with sound, only image!

I’ve already downloaded and successfully updated firmware to the Firmware 1.01.10  version.

If i don’t find a solution during this week, i’ll return the product for sure!

Use MKVMerge version 4.0.0 or EARLIER.   Load the File, and immediately REMUX it.  Takes just a minute or two per file.

Ok, that will fix it, but playing .mkv without supporting DTS is not the most clever thing to do. WD has adopted a risky position…

Is there any way to make it decode DTS by launching new firmware or it is an hardware issue?

best regards,

João Carracha

jcarracha wrote:

Is there any way to make it decode DTS by launching new firmware?

Technically?  Yes.

Legally?  No.

The Amlogic chip appears to be capable of DTS decoding, but since you didn’t pay a DTS licencing fee to DTS when you bought the unit, you can not use the unit to decode DTS.

I’d have to guess that WD didn’t seek (and pay for) DTS licencing, in order to keep the product within its intended price point.  I wouldn’t be surprised if several of the other brands (if you can call them that) of players out of the far east that are also based on the same chip, aren’t as concerned about DTS’ lawyers and might be offering DTS decoding without any licences being paid.

Why not sell a firmware version (downloadable from the website) with that improvement for the fair DTS license price?

That should be a smart business decision, it would avoid customer insatisfaction.

Regards,

João Carracha

1 Like

jcarracha wrote:

That should be a smart business decision, it would avoid customer insatisfaction.

Yes, it would make customers happy, to be able to buy DTS decoding.

But if it were availabe as a paid FW download, people would just upload it to Rapidshare and Megaupload and all the other free hosters, and there’d be hundreds or thousands of people downloading it without paying for it… so it wouldn’t surprise me if for that very reason DTS would never allow after-sale licencing.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

Use MKVMerge version 4.0.0 or EARLIER.   Load the File, and immediately REMUX it.  Takes just a minute or two per file.

Yeah well, I´ve done that. And there´s still no sound.

I´m going crazy. Every single movie with good quality is without sound! Cuz´it seems like they all are .mkv .